Things We All Need To Hear Now That Election Day Is Over
Politics

It's over, and we can all stop fighting about it now.

9
American Flag Pictures Collection

The election is over, some stand somber and upset while other cheer and celebrate, but it is now more important than ever that we rally together as a nation and share the love that we once did for our country.

1) If your favored candidate won

Have some grace and have some class. Be a good sport and don't rub anything into anyone's from the opposite party's face. Sportsmanship from high school because a key part of our culture today. Win with style and class, and don't be a douche canoe about it. People of the other party don't want to hear about how great your candidate is going to be any more than you want to hear about how great their candidate would have been.

2) If your favored candidate lost

Don't be discouraged. Your vote still counted, and you, as a human being, still made a big difference in our nation. Much like the person whose candidate won, don't mope around and complain about the president you are going to have come January 2017. You voted, you put in your two cents, and so did everybody else. This is what America voted for, and this is what the people wanted; that's why it's called a democracy.

3) Don't move out of the country

Just because the person you didn't want to win won, doesn't mean you need to move out of the country. Honestly, none of us could afford to move out of our own parents' houses so there's no way we're leaving the country. Besides, the rest of the world is affected by things that the president of the United States does. Moving out of the country wouldn't exactly get you out of the realm of control of your hated candidate unless you moved to like Mars or something, but good luck with that.

4) Somebody else has felt the same way in the last eight years

Keep in mind that not everyone voted for Obama both times, so someone out there knows the way that you feel right now. Whether you won or you lost, someone knows how you feel and you are not alone.

5) Do not be afraid

There is no time for that. Any American that voted this election, feels strongly about the welfare of the American people, so I guarantee that there are 6 million people out there who care about your health and your safety. Even if you don't share the same beliefs, if the time comes, we will all band together to save each other. I, as a Trump supporter, want to say that I would defend any individual, regardless of any quality that may set them apart from me. We are not unequal because we are different.

6) It's time to spread the love

Do not riot in the streets. It's over, and the things that have divided us for the last year are now the ones that need to bring us together. The wall that Americans have built between each other needs to disappear, even if the outcome isn't what you had hoped for, pull your neighbors close, no matter what party they're affiliated with, because we're all going to need a little help over the next four years. A new president is a big transition, and we can expect a lot of big changes. Don't continue to let our nation be separated, and be the force that helps pull us all back together.

We are all equals, we are all human beings, and we all deserve to be treated equally and with respect. Treat others how you would want to be treated. We are one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.