12 Things Every Old Young Person Knows To Be True

12 Things You Know To Be True If You're A 90-Year-Old Trapped In A 20-Year-Old's Body

"It's already 9 p.m.?!? K, night night!"

972

If you think you're the only 20-year-old who feels like they're actually 90, you're not alone.

Lately, there has been a trend on social media were 20-something-year-olds talk about their common problem of feeling much older than what they actually are. It turns out, a lot of 20-something-year-olds actually feel 90 on the inside.

I'm 23 and I sometimes feel like a 90-year-old! So remember you're not the only closeted grandma.

1. You Suffer From Back Pain

You often find yourself complaining that either your back or joints hurt.

I don't know why, but for some reason being 20 does not stop you from having back trouble! Anyone that tells you that being young means not having random joint pain is obviously lying.

2. You're Always Tired

Photo by Abbie Bernet on Unsplash

No matter how much you sleep, you're ALWAYS tired!

Even when you don't stay up late, you feel tired. And you may find yourself watching kids run with tons of energy and wonder how you ever had that much energy!

3. Nobody Understands The Vintage Music You Listen To

Even if you listen to '90s music, it's considered vintage.

Or maybe, like me, you prefer classical music from the '60s and '80s.

And when you try to explain what Simon and Garfunkel are to someone else, you probably find them staring at you in confusion.

4. Yes, You're 20, But You're Def NOT Out Partying On Friday Nights

Sincerely Media / Unsplash

There's often a misconception that every 20-something wants to go out partying on Friday nights. But some of us find ourselves perfectly content with staying home in our pj's.

Who doesn't enjoy just staying home and watching Netflix or catching up on sleep?

5. You May Be "Young" But You Still Get Winded After You Walk Up Two Flights Of Stairs

You're always out of breath, whether it's from walking up the stairs or from taking a stroll around the block.

The worst is when you hear someone tell you "You're young, you should have tons of energy."

Yes, I'm young but I'm not Wonder Woman! And when you're under so much stress or constantly working then you feel more out of shape.

6. When 10 O'Clock Hits, You're In Bed

Gregory Pappas / Unsplash

When everyone's talking about how they stayed up 'till 1 a.m. last night, you're hiding in the corner and nodding your head.

I don't know about you, but I can barely stay up late anymore after reaching 20. I'm the girl who falls asleep the moment her head reaches the pillow.

7. You're Just As Clueless To New Phrases Created By Gen Z As Everyone Else

What is the word "period" supposed to mean? Are they trying to say the punctuation of a sentence? And what the heck does "yeet" even mean?

8. You Watch Old Shows From Your Childhood Instead Of Ones That Are "In" Right Now

Oscar Villa / Flickr

Watching "Rugrats" or "Hey Arnold" is amazing, I don't care what you say!

But if you try explaining it to kids in today's generation, they probably won't know what you're talking about. There are even kids who don't know who "Drake and Josh" are anymore!

9. Being 20 Doesn't Stop You From Asking Someone To Repeat Themself Five Times

Just because you're 20, doesn't mean that you have supersonic hearing. It gets to the point where you learn to stop asking after two times and nod your head as though you understood exactly what they said. It works as long as they don't ask you a follow-up question.

10. You Choose Warmth Over Fashion 

Thom Holmes / Unsplash

I mean, how can anyone wear a dress or cute skirt in 30-degree weather?

But it becomes harder to explain when you're wearing three sweaters in your house even though it's not that cold. Or shivering when the temperature is only 60 degrees.

11. While Everyone Brags About Going Over The Speed Limit, You Go 20 On A 40.

Maybe I'm the only one who does this, but I definitely feel like the atypical 20-year-old for driving like such a grandma.

Unlike my peers who love to surpass the speed limit, I drive under the speed limit because I find that driving slowly is more comfortable than going over. But it definitely makes me feel like a 90-year-old.

12. You Haven't Forgotten About Black-And-White Movies

Austrian National Library / Unsplash

While everyone's watching "Avengers" movies or watching Netflix shows, you find yourself turning to old black and white movies.

I don't know about you but there's nothing better than watching classics like "A Street Car Named Desire" or "Casablanca" and having a movie marathon. But if you ask other 20-somethings about it, they won't know what you're talking about.

As you can see, most people can relate to feeling older on the inside.

Trust me, every 20-year-old feels old on the inside and feels like they're not really 20!

I mean, on the bright side at least we still appear young even if we may not feel young on the inside, right?