13 Things To Thank Your Girlfriend For

13 Things To Thank Your Girlfriend For

Because us guys, we can't thank you enough.

4142
13 Things To Thank Your Girlfriend For
Sam Stoutamyer

For guys, girlfriends can be tough. From mood swings to pushing your buttons and seeing how annoying they can be until you get fed up with them. They can be a handful, but we batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. However, guys can be just as taxing on our girlfriends. Keep in mind that not all girls are the same, so some of these might not apply; your mileage may vary. Here's to you, sweetheart. Thank you for:

1. Wanting to be near me after work.

When I come home after working a rough shift at work, drenched in sweat and the stench only a kitchen can provide, you give me a big hug and tell me that you're glad I'm home. It's a wonderful feeling that helps me forget how bad my night was at work.

2. Dealing with my work schedule.

You go to work at ten in the morning and when you're scheduled to leave, I have to be at work. It's the worst, and we can only spend full days together when we have our days off. A lot of other girls would say that we don't spend enough time together, but you don't mind. You stay up for me to come home to you, even if I don't get home until midnight. It means a lot to me.

3. Not having to prove myself to you.

Yeah, I didn't go to college after high school, I enlisted into the Army. No, I don't have a $60,000 a year salary. I'm doing what I love, and that's enough for you, even if it isn't for your family. You make me happy, and I make you happy. That's what matters.

4. Being a great DJ when I'm driving.

Music is a big part of driving in the car. I let you save over 300 songs to my phone for you to play while I'm driving, and I'm learning all your music. I know you don't like the kind of music I listen to, but if I ask you to put on one of my songs, you don't hesitate.

5. Dealing with me when I'm grumpy.

Maybe I'm hungry, tired, or had a bad day at work, and I'm so sorry if it's a combination of the three, but thank you for calling me out when I'm being rude. I promise, it's not you. I'd let you know if it was.

6. Doing things I ask you to.

If I ask you to do something, it's probably something small; remind me to call my grandparents and make plans, don't let me forget to tell my boss about the day I need off in two weeks. However, I may ask you to do something because I just didn't have the time to do it myself - I forgot to take out the trash before I had to go to work, can you take it out while I'm gone? Thank you for doing that; some people can't take care of themselves.

7. Communicating.

I'm by no means a control freak. Do what you want, I trust you to do the right thing by me. Just let me know what you're up to. It doesn't have to be a play-by-play, just a little text: "Hey, I'm going to my friend's house for a little bit." Cool. I'm at work, have fun while I can't be there with you. "I'm home." Thanks for letting me know that you made it home okay. We'll talk about how our days went when I get home. Thank you for being mature enough to understand why communication is important.

8. Being honest with me.

This shirt doesn't look good on me? You don't like one of my friends? Thank you for telling me, sweetheart. I'd rather you be brutally honest with me than tell me a sugar-coated lie.

9. Talking things out.

You and I argue from time to time about little things. We resolve them by kissing and apologizing. When big problems roll our way, we talk it out, letting both parties state their argument and supporting details. We come to a compromise, where both parties can be happy with the outcome. Thank you for this, you're the only girlfriend I've had that doesn't end up a sobbing mess.

10. Being adorable.

This can come from anything, anywhere, anytime. There's this one song where there's a rap part that you know every word to and spit bars like it's your job when that song is on the radio. When we go to your favorite Mexican restaurant, you always tell me how much you love their tortilla chips. Every day you tell me to look at how long your hair is. Even the way your hair falls around your face when you're sleeping is adorable. For you, darling, it's effortless. It's amazing.

11. Letting me nerd out.

You let me talk about the things I love to you, even if you have absolutely no idea what I'm saying or have no interest in what I'm talking about whatsoever. You let me do it because you love learning about what's going on in my head, about how I think about things, about the things I'm passionate about, whether it be a video game that just came out, a piece of gear that's revolutionary, or a new restaurant I heard was really good - you sit through it all.

12. Doing things with me that put you outside your comfort zone.

I'm used to being outside. I grew up in a household where I spent most of my time outside playing with friends, working on the house, keeping up on the lawn, or at work. When I say that I want a day out, I can see you shudder internally. You know that means going hiking or spending extended periods of time on your feet. I know you're a princess, but this is what I like to do, and thank you for coming with me.

13. Offering to pay for meals.

Good one, sweetheart, but no.