THINGS TO SMILE ABOUT

THINGS TO SMILE ABOUT

Because there's a lot to smile 'bout

42
THINGS TO SMILE ABOUT

When there's so much evil in this world, it's almost impossible to stay focused and positive in the midst of it all.

How can I smile when terrorist attacks are happening across the globe? How can I appreciate this pricey cup o' joe when some people can't even afford to eat? How?

While it's easy to be consumed with these thoughts, it's most important to remain focused on what truly matters and the impact that you can have in your little piece of the world. What you have to be thankful for, and how you can assist and actually bring relief to those raging issues instead of simply dwelling on them.

With so many things to frown about, why don't we take a moment to think about things that make us smile?

That was my thought process, anyway, when I was feeling especially low and haunted by the brevity of life and severity of turmoil that has befallen many.

My solution? Refocus.

How? Make a "things to smile about" list.

Here's mine, but what's yours? Enjoy!

Things to Smile About:

1. My Savior Jesus Christ and His redeeming grace and mercy

2. Family

3. My best friend who also happens to be my sister

4. The fact that God doesn't give up on me, even when I've turned away from Him

5. My incredible boyfriend who always knows how to make me smile

6. Freedom. My 'Merica is 'mazing

7. Chick-fil-A. I think it deserves it's own category, right?

8. My health and overall wellness despite my deep-seated coffee addiction

9. Friends who will pray with me, cry with me, and laugh with me

10. Puns

11. The amazing creation and world that proclaims the power and might of our Maker

12. An education

13. Scholarships! God has provided many opportunities that have made college a reality

14. My dog, Clue

15. Music which speaks when words fail

16. The ability to know God through His Word

17. Encouraging professors and mentors

18. Communication and human language

19. Pictures that capture the moment

20. The ocean, the mountains, the stars

21. Long, meaningful conversations

22. Hugs

23. The ability to learn

24. My house

25. My car

26. Talking directly to God through prayer

27. Laughter and joy

28. Sorrow that builds faith and endurance

29. Goofing off with no judgement

30. Chocolate!

31. Technology

32. God's promises

33. Rainy days, and FOG. I love foggy mountains

34. Coffee (y'all didn't see that one coming)

35. Words that speak volumes

36. Quiet that needs no explanation

37. A hug or kiss just because

38. Random trips and adventures

39. Time spent well with those I love

40. Trying new things

The list could go on and on, and if you made it to #40, you're a real trooper. Now, I encourage you to make your own list. You'll be surprised how much it will make you smile. :)