7 Things To Think About When You're Feeling Unhappy

Here are some remedies that I think might help cure your unhappiness, at least for a little while.

226

I tend to let my emotions get the best of me, so I made this short list of some things to think about when I'm not feeling my best. I know that just thinking about some random happy things won't entirely fix the way I feel (or you, since you're the one reading this), but it's nice to have a few pick-me-ups to stimulate some better, happier thoughts.

1. Somebody bought a new pet today

Somebody today went out and bought an animal that they're going to love and take care of. That's pretty heartwarming if you ask me.

2. You're feeling down, but it's not permanent

You are a living person who gets to make choices everyday, experience things everyday, and feel things everyday. You never know what's going to happen next, which makes it 100% likely that you will not feel this unhappy forever. Something could happen less than 10 minutes from now that will change your mood. Keep looking forward to that.

3. You can go outside and look at the moon

Just look at it. It's so big and bright and even lights up the dark sky a bit. It's just a big shiny rock up there, floating in space, and it's beautiful. I like the moon a little too much.

4. Think about those videos where people's kids aren't paying attention and run right into clear glass doors

It's kind of mean, but kind of funny.

5. There are people out there right now deciding that they want to go out and make the world a better place

There are good people out there, and I believe there will always be more good people than bad people in the world. Whenever things aren't going too great for me, I like to think about the good people I have in my life, or all the potential good people I'll get to meet later on down the line.

6. Remember the last time you watched a sunrise or sunset

Just take a break from whatever you're doing and imagine the sun changing the color of the sky as it rises or sets. Think about a time you watched one, from your window or outside, and about how peaceful it is. I think that's a very nice thought to have.

7. There are a lot of things you haven't done yet

There are a lot of people you have to meet, foods you have to try, places you have to visit, movies you have to see, books you have to read (or skim through, if you're like me). There's a lot of stuff out there that you get to try. Instead of focusing on feeling unhappy, think about something you want to do in the near of far future. It can be big or small, it doesn't matter.

I hope you liked at least one thing on this list and that it made you feel a little better. Remember, if unhappy thoughts seem to be taking over your life, talk to someone about it. It never hurts to talk. If you feel like you have no one to talk to or you aren't ready to let it all out to someone, that's OK too. Write all your thoughts down, paint a picture, go for a run, or do anything you'd enjoy that would allow you to let off some steam. Go at your own pace and take care of yourself.