5 Activities To Do When Your Parents Come Visit You At College

Having your parents visit you at school can be an exciting activity! Here are five activities I enjoy doing with my family when they visit me.

274

"Hey, we're planning on coming up this weekend!"

Have you ever gotten that text, and been so excited to see your family, but at the same time not sure what to do with them?

Personally, I love it when my family visits me. It brings a sense of purpose in my daily routine at school. Therefore, before your family comes, you should plan some activities for you all to enjoy. Here are five of my favorite things to do when my parents come.

1. Show them around campus.

Parents love to see what school they are spending their money on. One way to help them understand your everyday life is by showing them your campus and where your classes are. That way, when you call your mom and tell her that you are in the library or a certain hall on campus, she'll know exactly where you are at the time. Most college campuses are outstandingly pretty to walk around as well. You can show them the prettiest spots and take pictures with them that you be your Christmas card next year!

2. Have them take you and your friends out to dinner. 

Its a known fact that the food in campus dining halls is usually disgusting. The only other food options are usually at fancy restaurants, and most college students do not have much money to spend. Yet, when parents come up, use this opportunity to take them to get food at places that you and your friends cannot go to. If you take people with you, it is a great way to make friends and enjoy a meal together. Order two entrees and you can save some in your dorm room for later.

3. Take them to a sports game. 

Most college campuses are known for having great sports games. When your family comes to visit you, take them to a sports game! Whether its basketball, football, or lacrosse. Get your family just as invested as you are in the environment your school has to offer you. My favorite part of when I brought my family to a sports game was the foam finger we bought. I also enjoyed getting my family the famous nachos that my school sells at the games.

4. Have your family take you shopping. 

Nothing says parents visiting if it isn't for going shopping. One of the luxuries that college students do not have is the ability to spend a lot of money. Therefore, when parents come to visit, having them buy you the things you can't afford is perfect! Have them stock up your fridge with food, and buy you that coat you have been dying to have. When they see you, the miss you so usually they will buy you more things!

5. Take them off campus. 

A luxury that parents coming brings to college students is a car. Because there is a car on campus, have your parents bring you to the spots you've never been before. When my parents visited me, they took me to a lake off campus that was beautiful. We walked around, and caught up about our experiences the past few weeks without each other. I also had the ability to bring them to an ice cream place off campus that we hadn't been before. The ability to drive again is such a relief to have while away at school.