11 Things To Do Instead Of Netflix

11 Things To Do Instead Of Netflix

Here are some easy things to do this summer instead of clearing your Netflix queue.

75
11 Things To Do Instead Of Netflix

Summer break usually translates into a lot more spare time than we are used to. During the school year, this extra time is consumed by homework, extracurricular activities and class. But with this extra time, we tend to fall into old habits like channel surfing and binge watching Netflix.

This summer, I plan I trying to do something more productive instead of just sitting in bed watching Netlfix for hours on end.

Instead of starting a new show on Netflix, consider these 11 more productive activities:

1. Read a book.

During the school year, I never have time to read a book for fun. I'm always reading what I have to read, and sometimes I lose the joy of reading. It is important to retain that joy by reading something you are actually interested in.

2. Actually try a DIY you've been meaning to try.

I know I have over a hundred different DIY project saved on Pinterest.

3. Find a new recipe, and make it.

Who doesn't love food?

4. If you really need your screen time, watch a Ted Talk.

Ted Talks are a great way to expose yourself to new ideas. Both Ted Talks and documentaries are a great way to keep you thinking and engaged.

5. Clean out you closet.

If you're looking to make some extra cash, sell the clothes you don't wear anymore. Whatever you aren't able to sell, donate.

6. Explore new music.

My favorite way to find a new artist is to go on Spotify, search my favorite artists and look for similar artists that I don't know yet. It's a great way to find new artists with similar music to what you listen to.

7. Write.

Write for fun, whether it's poetry or creative writing.

8. Call or FaceTime a friend

There is nothing like reconnecting with an old friend or just staying up-to-date with a current friend.

9. Pamper Yourself.

Take a bath, do your hair, paint your nails. Any self-pampering is relaxing.

10. Color an adult coloring book.

Bring out your inner child and creativity by coloring.

11. Plan your dream vacation.

Maybe you'll win the lottery or this will be your honeymoon one day. This plan will eventually come in handy.