Things I Am Going To Do In My "Roaring 20s"

These are said to be some of the most important years of your life.

21
Cameron Marr

I am about to be 20 in a week and have been thinking about how my life will be changing in the next decade, and what I want that new decade to include. For many people, their 20s held some of the most important events of their lives like getting married, having children and graduating from college, which can make these years look scary.

Most of my friends are older than me, so I have watched first hand how people's lives can change because they turned another year older. I have seen how scary or how wonderful your 20s can really be.

Right now all I see is the same blonde-haired blue-eyed girl I have seen for the past 5 years at least. I guess it's easy to forget what all I have accomplished in the past few years. I am no longer a teenager but not yet old enough to do adult things. I am honestly just so excited to be taken seriously while still being young and able to enjoy my young years. Just the thought that I will not ever be a teenager again is very daunting.

Turning 20 also means I am halfway there in my college years, only two years left (thank goodness). Also, thinking back, only a decade ago, I was 10 years old. Wow, how so many things have changed. Being older has allowed me to become best friends with my little sister, though when we were both younger all we did was argue.

One big thing in my teen years was that I figured out what real friends are and that I didn't really have many of them. I got out of some toxic friendships and now I am happier and more mature for doing that. I think that really was an adult-like decision and I am so glad I made it. I really had to grow up for that decision.

What's really scary about turning 20 is that in the next 10 years, I could be married and having kids. This is crazy to think about because I feel no different than I did in high school. Maybe when I graduate and get a big girl job, it won't look so scary.

You can spend these years traveling and having the time of your life or focusing on working and building a career. Whatever you may choose, this proves it can be very stressful to think about how your life may go in the next few years. I have decided to come up with a few goals that I plan to achieve in these next ten years of my life.

I will graduate college.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/freshman-year/just-over-half-all-college-students-actually-graduate-report-finds-n465606

I have worked so hard to get to where I am today and to be successful in my career. This will be a big milestone in my life and I can't wait for the day to come. It will be something I have worked so very hard for. My family and I have all worked so hard and given so much to put me where I am today.

Attend a Music Festival

rolling-loud_pr42

I feel like I am one of the only college students who have never been to a music festival. I really would like to go to Rolling Loud, which is a rap festival in Miami. It seems very fun and one of the things I want to treat myself to.

Get debt free

https://www.ebony.com/career-finance/5-ways-to-get-debt-free-in-2014-014/

I want to start my life from a good financial standpoint, so I am going to work hard and save money to be debt-free by the time I am 30. I want to be debt-free when I am having children so I can provide enough resources for my children.

Travel

https://www.crazyegg.com/blog/example-travel-websites/

I want to visit somewhere I have never been to before. When I get there, I want to only go to local places and immerse myself in the local culture. Through traveling you can learn about yourself and the world you live in - plus, you can do it on a budget.

Find a physical activity I am interested in.

https://blogs.longwood.edu/sparrockls/academics/general-education/fitness-concepts-through-exercise/

I want to go to a bunch of different workout classes and figure out what I enjoy doing. It is very important to take care of the body you have, and I plan to get more in shape and while choosing something I like. If you dread exercise, then you probably won't keep doing it, which I have learned the hard way.

Move Out

Move. Cardboard boxes and cleaning things for moving into a new home

https://www.moving.com/tips/how-much-money-you-need-to-move-out/

I have lived by myself in college and when I graduate, I don't want to have to move back home. I will probably do so right after college just to be able to get my finances in order. It's important to me that after I get back on my feet to move out and be on my own.