10 Things to Do Your Freshman Year of College

Don't forget to do these ten things before leaving freshman year of college!

17

1.) Check out all Dining Locations on Campus. Don't be the person that always eats at the same place for every single meal! Expand your palette and eat somewhere different each day. At least try everywhere and then you can stick to your favorites.

2.) Go to a Sports Game. Even if your school isn't big on sports, going to game can be really fun and interesting. Games are a chance to sport all of your school apparel and show off your school spirit.

3.) Join a Club. Even joining low commitment clubs can strengthen your resume and make you feel like a part of a community. It's much easier to get involved in your freshman year than trying to get involved in later years. Also, you have a higher chance of getting on the executive board of clubs if you start your journey in freshman year.

4.) Check out the Gym. Since a gym membership at college is factored into the tuition bill, you should take advantage of the facilities! Also, a lot of colleges offer free spinning and workout classes at the gym!

5.) Seek Guidance. Whether you need help academically or emotionally, most college campuses have so many free resources available at the student's dispense. Visit your schools career center to gain academic direction or visit the health center to get emotional, physical, and mental aid.

6.) Go to a Professor's Office Hours. Start off your college career by fostering relationships with faculty members. Trust me, having relationships with professors on campus will serve as a very useful tool throughout college.

7.) Go to a Performance. Take advantage of the free entertainment and attend student performances. Go to see acapella groups, musicals, plays, dance recitals, and more. You never know- they could be famous one day! And, if you're a performer, don't be afraid to join in!

8.) Keep a Journal. So many exciting things will happen in your freshman year of college. Record everything so you can look back in the future and reminisce.

9.) Take Photos. If writing isn't your strong suit, take photos and keep a scrapbook so the memories will never fade!

10.) Visit home and Host a Visitor. One of my favorite weekends at college was when my friend from home visited. Invite siblings or friends and show them around your school! Or, visit your friends at their respective schools. Also, don't forget about home. Trust me, your family and friends miss you and, every once in a while, you need a break from the pressure at school!