7 Things To Avoid Doing During Final Exam Week

It's not the time to be flaking on your studies or partying until 3 a.m. with your friends.

15
http://www.thebluediamondgallery.com/wooden-tile/e/exam.html

Final's Week is quickly approaching and with it, the end of the semester. For seniors, these are the last two weeks of college life before going out to "adult" in the real world. For the rest of us, this is the time that our grades and GPAs are about to either go up, go down, or stay right where they are. These last two weeks are crucial to our success in the classes we have been taking over the past few months. In the most real sense of the phrase, it really is now or never. Finals are important. There's no way to sugarcoat it. Now is not the time to be flaking on our studies or partying until 3 a.m. with our friends. We had a whole semester to do that if we wanted. Now is the time to buckle down and give our courses one last shot, our best shot. Make smart choices. Finals are never fun, but once they're done, summer will be here to give us all a much-deserved break. So, study, get rest, and do your best! Here are seven things to avoid doing during final exam week.

Pulling an all-nighter.

Your body needs sleep. Even if it's just a few hours, it will help your mind be well prepared and refreshed for you to focus on your final exam.

Partying.

I know it's tempting when you receive a text from your friends asking you to go to the Strip with them, but remain strong and focus on your exams.

Cramming.

Start studying a little bit every night. Your brain (and your grade) will thank you later!

Drinking too much caffeine.

I understand that coffee and energy drinks may be needed to help you with those late nights studying, but be careful not don't go overboard. Too much caffeine is never good for your body, brain, and health.

Forgetting to eat.

Your body and brain need fuel. Make sure you're feeding yourself so that you can keep studying at your best.

Getting dehydrated.

DRINK WATER. Much like food, you need water to keep your body running smoothly and if you plan on drinking caffeine, make sure you drink enough water as well.

Stressing yourself out.

I know this one is way easier said than done. Final exams are stressful, but make sure you are taking breaks and time for yourself. If you feel yourself growing anxious or tired, take a break and do something you love to "reset" your brain. You brain will do you know good if you don't let it rest every once in a while!