11 Things That Happen When You're An Introvert With An Extrovert Roommate

Just saying, I still loved all you guys, even as you were draining my life-force.

2095
Sachastewart

I love hiding away in my room cuddled under the covers without no one else to bother me. However, I do love discussing things. Class discussion is one of my favorite activities to do in class, especially when it's about a book. But there are some who just seem to love to talk, to go out, to go out to parties to meet new people and talk to those people in addition to all of their friends who came with them. That's when I hide under the covers. But when your roommate is one of these people, like my past three roommates have been, there is almost no escaping the threat of the extrovert.

1. They love to talk. A lot.

Not all extroverts are especially talkative, but when some of them start, get comfortable and get ready to listen.

2. They want to go out, again.

So far all three of my extroverted roommates have had, on average, one meal off campus every week. Or they have had the whim to go shopping, or to go to Starbucks. Or they want to go out after coming back from hanging out. Even when I had a car, I only left campus when I had to. I don't understand it.

3. Campus Events? Always.

Sometimes I feel like a bad friend when I don't go to my friend's recitals or plays. On the other hand, my current roommate has been to one my friend's plays twice. Sometimes I just have to consider my roommate as someone who shows up for me.

4. What time are you getting back?

At like 12:00 AM or 1:00 AM, either is good. Why? Because it's the weekend. During the weekend, I like to go to bed at 9:30 PM. Why? Because it's the weekend.

5. Energy Source Danger.

After late parties, my current roommate can't sleep because she's so energized from all the people she has seen. I am cranky, and tired, and am already snoozing.

6. Constant phone activity.

Buzz. Nope, not my phone. It's her phone. Buzz. It's either her mom, her boyfriend, her dad, her brother, her friend from back home, her friend from Florida, or her cousin. If not all of them at once. Buzz.

7. She's talking to me now.

My earbuds are in and I am writing this article, but she explaining everything to me or talking about something that's happened or that she saw on social media. I half-listen, nod my head, and say "yes" when she asks me if I am paying attention.

8. Snapchat Attack!

I get every snapchat she takes. Ever. Or her story is a short film of all the crazy things she can do in a short period of time.

9. They are willing to say anything.

Maybe the others have seemed like complaints, but extroverts can be really relaxing to introverts when they just say whatever they need to say. Introverts can overthink, so having an open roommate can really help keep things straight.

10. "You've Told Me That, Twice."

When it's been a good day, she'll tell you something she's told you already. While it can get annoying, it's an effective way to tell that she's doing okay. And an effective reminder sometimes.

11. Summer time communication is probably a must.

Most of my friends in high school were introverts as well. So I never got into the habit of talking to my friends over the summer. But if to don't talk to your extrovert, you might find them a bit salty when you go back to school.