6 Things That Probably Annoy You If You've Worked At The Movies

The summer movie season is beginning, so if you're planning on spending a lot of time in a movie theater, please keep these six things in mind, as told by a former movie theater employee.

Guests complaining about prices.

We get it, it's really expensive. But the theater has to pay the movie distributors, so they're basically making no money off of the tickets, which means bumping up the food prices. Also, chances are the teenager selling you your overpriced popcorn doesn't decide the prices… so please don't yell at them.

Dirty theaters.

We get it if you spilled some popcorn, but if you brought your food in, please take it out with you and throw it away.

Destroyed bathrooms.

Anyone that's worked a service job can probably agree with me on this one. I won't go into too much detail, but I've cleaned up EVERYTHING.

Guests spoiling the movie the second they walk out of the theater.

Chances are, there's an employee waiting to clean the theater as you exit. And, chances are, that employee hasn't seen that movie yet. So please don't talk about the movie til you get to the parking lot.

Complaining that the previews are taking too long.

If you've been to the movies over the past twenty years or so, you know that the movie doesn't actually start until a half hour until the advertised start time. Once again, these previews and advertisements are how we make money, so don't complain. If you don't want to watch the previews, arrive fifteen to twenty minutes before the actual start time.

Staying until the VERY END of the movie.

Unless it's a Marvel movie, chances are there isn't an end credit scene. So please leave the movie once it actually ends. If you have a feeling there's an end credit scene, check out aftercredits.com.

Moral of the story? Don't do stuff that would annoy you if you worked there! Remember, employees, are people, too!