Things To Do On Spring Break That Do Not Require A Beach

You do not have to have sand in your toes to have a good break.

53

Spring break is just around the corner, and most people will be headed to warmer weather. After a long week of midterms, everyone is ready to get away for awhile, but unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to go to a beach. That does not mean that spring break has to be a bust. For those of you stuck without plans, here are things you can do other than go to a beach.

1. Drive to the next state.

No matter what state you are in, there is something to do in the next state over. Head to Colorado for the weekend and go skiing or head up to Nebraska and go to the Omaha zoo. You may not have sand in your toes and beach waves, but you will make memories, and that is the most important thing.

2. Explore your own city.

There are so many awesome things to do in Kansas City, and I think many people take that for granted. Whether you like museums, music, or good food, Kansas City has it all. There is more than a week's worth of activities to do in Kansas City, and the best part is that most of it is fairly cheap.

3. Find a cool place to hike.

We might live in Kansas and mountains are hard to come by, but that does not mean that you cannot go hiking. If you are looking for more adventure, take a trip over to Colorado for the weekend. There is nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a really hard hike, and it is a great way to spend time with family and friends.

4. Spend a day helping others.

Spring break is usually a time when people think only of themselves, so break that cycle. Whether you donate items to the local homeless shelter or volunteer your time at a nursing home, helping others comes with a great reward. By giving back, you are getting a great feeling in return.

5. Have a movie marathon.

If you are stuck in cold weather and cannot leave the house, cuddle up on the couch and watch four movies in a row. During school, you do not have a chance to relax, so take this time to be lazy and not think about all of your obligations.

6. Spend all day cooking for your family and friends.

Try a new recipe or finally learn how to make homemade pizza. The best part about this is you can eat all of the ingredients as you cook. Set up a nice dinner and invite your family and friends over. Spend the evening catching up and relaxing, two things you do not have the opportunity to do when class is in full swing.

7. Pamper yourself.

All the money you are saving by not traveling can be put into treating yourself. Go to a spa and get a professional massage and facial, or go to the mall and buy that pair of shoes you have wanted for months. While your friends are drinking away their money on the coast, you can spend yours on something that will last.

8. Do something you have never done before.

Do not spend your break moping around because all of your friends are at the beach. Go out and do something with your break. You do not have to be at a beach to make it the best break ever. Take a risk and do something crazy, but most importantly, have fun.