20 Things You Should Know At 20

20 Things You Should Know At 20

Travel when you can.

470
20 Things You Should Know At 20
Instagram

By age 20, we are starting to figure our lives out. We’ve been out of high school for about two years so we are getting the hang of things. We are furthering our education, starting our careers, getting serious in our relationships, moving out, and paying bills. The joys of adulting come with many responsibilities, so here is a list of 20 things we should all know at 20.

1. How to cook a good meal.

Maybe cooking just isn’t for you but you should know how to cook at least one good meal. No, not a frozen pizza or ramen noodles but an actual meal.

2. How to do laundry.

We all hate it, but we all have to do it. One day you will be thankful that you were taught how to do laundry before you moved out because you won’t be shrinking clothes or turning your whites pink. (Okay, you still may shrink a shirt or two, but still)

3. Be on time.

Being on time to all of your commitments is important and says a lot about you.

4. Have goals to work towards.

Even though you don’t have your life completely figured out right now, it is important to have goals for your future. You need motivation to keep you on track.

5. It is okay to cry.

Happy crying or sad crying, it’s all okay. Sometimes you just have to release built up emotions.

6. How to save.

Saving is a must in life. Whether you are saving up for something or just to have a safety net, it is very important.

7. Laugh at every opportunity.

Laughing keeps your spirits up. Soak up life and enjoy the moments.

8. Bad things never last.

As bad as it may be at the time, it will get better. You will get stronger and you will get through it.

9. Good things take time.

Progress and growth do not happen overnight. Just like a flower sprouts from a seed and grows with sunlight and water, development and success take time.

10. Eat your fruits and veggies.

Taking care of your body now will only help you down the road when life and children begin to take a toll on your body.

11. Eat some junk food too.

Eating healthy is good for you but splurging on a slice of cake or some donuts is okay. Don’t deprive yourself of life’s finer things because you’re afraid to get fat. A couple bites won’t hurt you.

12. Slow down.

It seems as the world spins faster and faster every year. Slow down and relax. Don’t let the rush of life control you.

13. Always call your parents and grandparents.

They miss you and they want to hear from you. Call them and catch up on life.

14. Be genuine.

Be a genuine and kind person. It goes a long way and people will appreciate it.

15. Travel when you can.

Travel the world, the country, or your state as much as you can. Whether it’s a short or long road trip, one day you will look back and either wish you had or you will appreciate all the places you saw.

16. Read a book.

Reading keeps your mind active and helps improve your vocabulary.

17. Take care of your skin.

Always, always, always wash your face at night. Never go to bed with a face full of makeup. Your skin will thank you later.

18. Spend time with your siblings.

Whether they’re way older or way younger, spend time with them. Time is one thing you will never get back in life and you will miss it.

19. How to leave.

If you are ever in a situation, place, or relationship that you are uncomfortable with, know how to leave. Sometimes it is okay to walk away or get out.

20. Live your life and have fun.

You only get one shot at life so make it count. “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” John 10:10