Things Romance Stories Got Wrong

5 Things Romance Stories Usually Get Wrong

Whether we read it in a book, watch it on the television, or see it on the big screen these are the things that everyone hears girls fall in love with.

31

These are the things that romance writers have been using forever that never seem to work out the same way in real life. Yes, the prince charming is not coming to save his darling princess who is in bad shape in their lives, but we sure wish we could have something as simple as a perfect guy with passion filled eyes, or that wonderful chance meeting with a stranger. However, we don't see that in real life, we only see it in books or on the little or big screens. Sadly the stories say we deserve these things, but we're waiting for a one in a million dream guy.

His eyes.

https://unsplash.com/photos/48WMH2onjiQ

You know those movie moments where the couple will look deep into each other's eyes and see all the goodness in the other's soul and see how true their heart is and how wonderful a person is on the inside. Well in real life you rarely see that when you look into someone's eyes, all you see is their eyes. They might be pretty, they might be sparkling, or even some strange wonderful color that is purely unique but you will more than likely not be getting anything more from that meaningful look.

His smile.

https://unsplash.com/photos/MTZTGvDsHFY

A wonderful moment with a stranger where you share a sweet smile in a random place will probably lead to a beautiful romance in the books but in real life, it does little more than give you a nice what-if story. Sharing eye contact and a smile with a stranger on the street, in a library, coffee house, or store is usually nothing more than that. There is no exchange of numbers or even an exchange of worlds just a brief smile and then an awkward look away. Despite most girls wishes.

Meeting a stranger.

https://unsplash.com/photos/oatYheJMm9E

In the movies and books, we see people meeting at coffee houses by chance, at parties after their friend can't be found, or even just talking after class halfway through the semester after never noticing the other until that moment where they bumped into each other. In the books, those people see each other multiple times thereafter so it only makes sense that they fall for each other however in real life it's very rare and hardly ever works out for the better. Life almost always just makes it a one-time meeting where they will never see each other again and often the people we initially meet aren't as great as they seem.

Friend of A friend.

https://unsplash.com/photos/pulsy1dWjOo

Do you have one of those friends that just seem to know all the hottest people and is even willing to set you up with one of them? Well in the tv shows and movies this always seems to happen but never in real life because the two people being set up have nothing in common or even have anything more in common than just the mutual friend. This often leads to big problems in the relationship, and it leads to the mutual friend being stressed out by the two because they are being relied on by both sides for information on the other.

The perfect date.

https://unsplash.com/photos/Uj7l0fHJHFc

Ever dream of that movie perfect date, where neither of you are nervous, and the conversation flows easily, and it ends with that wonderful goodnight kiss on your doorstep. Yeah, I have too, but I have to keep dreaming because it never seems to happen. I never go to a fancy restaurant where the waiters leave us alone for longer than 30 minutes and I have never experienced the sharing of desserts before coming back to their place, and I definitely struggled on points of the conversations especially on the first dates. Sorry to say it only happens in the books and movies.