Things You Can Relate To If You Have Brothers

Here Are 10 Things You Can Relate To If You Only Have Brothers

3. You know that they have different definitions of 'personal hygiene' and 'clean.'

185
Alyssa Paluch

Siblings are blessings from Heaven. At least you're not alone growing up. They may seem cool and all, but it's way different from others' perspectives. I was blessed with three younger brothers, but I don't have any sisters.

Let me tell you that if you have no idea what this is like, it CAN be as bad as you think it is. But, in the end, it's never always horrible, and we love each other. Also, yes, it is completely different from having sisters.

1. You know they are annoying as HELL.

They bitch about everything, you'd think they were women. Sometimes, you roll your eyes, but it's usually background noise you're used to by now. But... why must they be irritating on purpose?

2. You're glad they don't steal any of your clothes.

If I were to have sisters, we'd have cat fights over clothes stealing and hairbrush borrowing. Thank goodness I don't have to go through this. My brothers wouldn't go anywhere near my belongings.

3. You learn that they have different definitions of "personal hygiene" and "clean".

You don't want to know what I find in the bathroom. You don't realize how dirty it can get in a day's time. Pee on the toilet seat, shampoo stains in the shower, and hair gel all over the counter. It's actually impressive, but repulsive nonetheless.

4. You go into their rooms at your own risk.

Yikes. Major yikes. Why is there a hot dog in your shoe? Why does it smell weird in here? My eyes sting. Got to go.

5. You're used to the "boy stank."

Yes, farting is common in my household. All three brothers enjoy torturing me with their own "boy stank". Gross, but I'm sad to say I'm used to it.

6. They have attitude problems, but it's okay because you have one, too.

It's in the family, I guess! I want to punch them when they give me attitude, but then I remember that I'm just like them.

7. You get bossed around.

How funny, the so-called dominant sex is making you do things. Sounds about right. Hey, I'm the oldest, too. I don't know why or how I'm doing these things. Even my 3-year-old brother bosses me and gives me sass.

8. They NEVER listen.

In through one ear, and out the other! Never fails. Selective hearing IS a thing.

9. You hate how they are super lazy.

They're tired and want to watch movies, but there's shit to do. Get up, lazy butts.

10. They're protective towards you, and they got your back, always.

Even though they can be pains in the asses half the time, they know when you need your back covered. Boys don't stand a chance, you're taken. They make sure they know. I'm also lucky to have brothers because they love me so much.

I couldn't ask for anything better. Doesn't this sound familiar? Although it would be amazing to have a sister, I'm happy I have three brothers instead.