16 Things You Can Relate To If You're Always Cold

16 Pieces Of Cold, Hard Truth About The Friend Who Always Needs Another Jacket

When summer ends, you have to prepare yourself for the coming months of frigid weather.

1585

I'm the kind of person who runs really cold. I never go anywhere without a sweatshirt, even in the summer, because chances are I will be cold wherever I am. With winter approaching, I have taken to wearing several layers and drinking only warm beverages to keep myself from turning into an icicle. It's a lifestyle to live life freezing 90% of the time. Living in New England you have to prepare for cold in the morning and cold at night. I'd rather layer up and be prepared than be shivering for hours. If you're cold all the time, here are some things you'll understand.

1. Sweaters are the biggest portion of your wardrobe.

If it's warm and cozy, I am all about it. You can bet I will be found wearing sweaters from now until the temperatures go up.

2. You can never have too many blankets.

I have piles of blankets on my bed, and I still wouldn't say no to another one.

3. You don't put away your sweatshirt collection in the summer because stores are way too cold inside.

Have you been inside a Stop and Shop in the summer? You have to be prepared for the arctic temps, so sweatshirts are always on hand.

4. You're probably the only one who's cold, and everyone judges you.

"It's not even cold!" Look, you might not be cold, but I am. Telling me it's not cold DOESN'T MAKE ME WARMER!

5. Going into work and having to take off your coat.

Why do I have to take off something that's keeping me warm?!

6. Getting out of bed in the winter is nearly impossible.

As if mornings aren't hard enough, you have to face freezing temperatures. Not really an incentive to get up.

7. Your nose runs a lot because it's always cold.

You have to keep tissues on hand all the time.

8. The best part of the day: hot shower.

I could stay in there all day...or until the hot water runs out.

9. The worst part of the day: getting out of the hot shower.

After standing under the water for ages, it takes serious strength to turn it off.

10. Wind sucks.

It takes a cold day and makes it a million times worse.

11. Hot beverages are the only option during winter.

Hot chocolate, tea, coffee, whatever is warm is good enough for me.

12. You're constantly shivering.

It never stops. It's a solid five months of shivering.

13. You say "it's so cold in here" to anyone who will listen to you.

Everyone probably gets sick of it, but you keep saying it anyway.

14. Scarves. All the scarves.

I have one in every color for every outfit.

15. You use other people for warmth.

Because two people are warmer than one.

16. You count down the days until warm weather.

How many days until the air stops hurting my face??