12 Things I'd Rather Do Than Write About Politics

All these options are much more desirable.

124

I've said this before, and I've said it again. I. HATE. POLITICS. Whether it's being demonized for being a moderate in a radical time, or simply the headaches from reading the news, I hate politics so much, and no, pestering me about voting isn't going to lessen that hatred (even though I did), or make me rant about whatever unpopular opinions I have like so many people on here are doing now. You can't make me! All these options are much more desirable:

1. Have the Fire Alarm in my Dorm go off for the Nth Time

Please, while I'm in the shower or working on something important.

2. Fill a Martini Glass with Nando's Extra-Extra Hot Sauce and Chug

I write better than I talk anyway, I could stand to lose the use of my mouth for a few days.

3. Have to Memorize and Recite a Long Poem

I'll just have a "Vietnam Flashback" to Poetry Out Loud in high school real quick where I burst into tears at the end...

4. Take Another 8 A.M. Class

Nothing some coffee won't fix.

5. Be Forced to Listen to "Closer" on Repeat

I've made it known to people I know how much I HATE that song...

6. Not Sleep for 3 Days

It's happened before, and it's unpleasant

7. Attempt to Eat Fruit

Politics make me heave anyway. Maybe it's better to actually cough something up.

8. Get Around to Getting my Wisdom Teeth Pulled

I've gotten a tooth pulled before, and it sucks…

9. Publish the Experimental Writing story that I Hate

It was one of the dumbest ideas I've ever had, and it apparently turned out beautifully. And maybe... If Odyssey was nicer about fonts.

10. Have The FBI Look Through my Search History

I'm not a psycho, it's research for writing, I swear.

11. Have to Write an Article Every Day

And I'd run dry within about a month.

12. Step on Several Legos

This one seems obligatory on any article where one lists things they'd rather do than something else, but it's accurate. I'd bear that pain than write a political article.

There you have it. If you've made it this far, you know you're not getting any of that nonsense out of me.