3 Things No One Tells You About Losing Your Virginity

When is the right time?

228
Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Welcome once again everyone, this feature is to all the youths and youthful women.

The "stereotypical" age at which you should lose your virginity has modified exceedingly from the 20th century to the 21st century. Teens and young adults are considerably shaped by their surroundings, specifically their buddies. But, the intention of "fitting in" and or "looking cool," should not at all influence when you choose to lose your virginity.

As a South Asian, first-generation American, I never really had the "sex talk" with my parents, I often had to get advice from my friends, who were also my age. So I had to ask, when is the right time to lose your virginity?

Before I dive into this topic, I must address the growing destructive climate in today's high schools. The environment we associate ourselves with greatly shapes how we think, and how we make our choices. It's critical to recognize the fault in the concept of doing things "just because everyone else is doing it." As my family would say, "don't jump off the cliff, just because your friend's jumping off."

Here are 3 things no one tells you about losing your virginity:

Don't have sex just because your boyfriend wants to.

Sometimes we assume the trial of losing our virginity simply to gratify our partners. But, it is crucial to realize that if you're not ready, you must verbalize how you feel to your partner as the absence of communication can fairly damage the bond. When you're ready and unhesitant, though, having sex harvests a fruitful shimmer to your relationship. If even after revealing how you feel about losing your virginity, your partner pushes you to have sex, it is reasonable to say he's only with you for the sex, and not the emotional part of the relationship. In this case... he's not worth it.

2. Wait until you are truly ready.

It is important to be psychologically and emotionally ready. Living luxuriously in your skin and self-love is incredibly necessary. Don't lose your virginity simply because you want affirmation. Being mentally and emotionally fit demands a healthy bunch of self-love, self-confidence, and self-esteem. All your systems necessitate being in unity before you merge with someone else's system. Having sex should not be a means to secure confidence, it should not be a method to catch attention, and it should not at all be a gateway to feeling better in your skin. These are vital ingredients you need to hold in you before you decide to lose your virginity.

3. Give it to someone special.

Your virginity is special, the person you lose it to should be special too. Being a virgin is nothing to be embarrassed about. It is a gift box you're solely allowing an extraordinary person to open. Embrace your virginity. Take care of it. Don't just give it to anyone. Give it to someone you care about, give it to someone you love, give it to someone you respect, give it to someone who respects you. It is essential to recognize your worth and honor. Your virginity is a thing that should be given only to someone who rightfully deserves all of you, not just your sex.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.