Things I Miss About My Sister At College

Separation stinks

202
youtube.com

I'm a few weeks into my sophomore year of college, and my little sister just started her freshman year about an hour away. I miss her like crazy, and it's been too long since I've seen her. So in honor of her, here's a list of reasons why I miss my sister when we're both at college:

1. Her sense of humor

No one, and I do mean no one, can make me laugh like my sister. She's got this hilarious air about her that you can't help but smile about, and she makes a hysterical situation like nobody else can. I seriously miss her jokes. My roommates are hilarious too, but there's just something about my sister that no one else can match up to.

2. She understands me like no one else

Living with someone for 17 years has its perks. My sister and I can communicate without any words whatsoever, and she can always tell what's up. No one knows more about me or knows me better, and it's always nice to have that person there for you who knows what you've gone through, what you're going through, and what you need.

3. We're always there for each other

She's always my listening ear when I'm down, and I'm the same for her. We know each other inside out and usually know just what to say or do to help the other person. There aren't a lot of people who I can talk to as openly as my sister; I know she'll always tell me what I need to hear and love me the same no matter what happens.

4. I want to protect her

The world hits hard, and every big sister wants to make sure that her little sister doesn't get hurt. It's tough some days knowing that I can't protect her from 80 miles away, and that the distance makes it harder to know she's okay. As strong as I know she is, it's always something that nags at me.

5. She's growing up too fast

We might only be a year apart, but I'm a complete big sister at heart. I look at my sister and wonder when she became so grown up. We're only a year apart, but sometimes I feel like she's years ahead of me in terms of figuring life out. And more than anything, I'd love to see her succeed in her goals, and be there to help pick her up and dust her off when she falls.

There's about a million more reasons and inside jokes that make me miss my sister, but those are just for us! Love you, sis.