Things I Miss About School

Things I Miss About School

Missing not only school but the people who I have met along the way

10
Things I Miss About School

First of all, I never thought I would be typing something that starts with missing school. I have always waited for summer to come all throughout my elementary, middle and high school days. This is the time when you don’t have to do homework, you don’t have anywhere to be and you can go and hang out with friends all day. But recently, I have wanted to go back to school in Wisconsin, I know it's strange right, who wants to go back to school and who wants to go back to Wisconsin. (Sorry for all of you who live there but there are no mountains there) I just can’t get it out of my head, it also doesn’t help that I don’t have a job here back home.

1. Teammates

I am on the soccer team at Beloit and I never thought that the girls on my soccer team would become like a family. We do everything together, eat dinner, do homework, go out together, and most of all practice together. I have ever felt this close of a connection with a team in my thirteen years of playing soccer and it's hard to be away from them for a whole three months. It’s nice having those people who are always there for you and are always there to hang out with as well as you know that they have your back.

2. Always Having People to Hang Out With

When you are at college, you are living with all of these people who are on the same page as you, away from home and in college. Because of this, there are always people to hang out with when you are feeling lonely or just want to go do something. You can usually call or text someone on campus and they are able to hang out or they are up for whatever you want to do.

3. Always Have Things to do

On campus, you are in your own little world, the only thing you are concerned with is what is happening in your world. No matter what day it is or the time, there is always something to do. Even if that’s just sitting in your room watching Netflix. As I am home alone, I hardly have anything to do besides work out twice a day and then do nothing in between. At school you have classes, then soccer, then homework during the week which is stressful but you have things to do. Then on the weekends, when you don’t have games, you finish your homework and then go hang out with friends at night and just relax.

4. Set Schedules

Along with number three is set schedules where you have to do things each day. Now for some people, this isn’t ideal, but to me when I am just sitting at home with nothing to do, a set schedule is something I’m seriously missing at the moment. I miss where I have certain things to get done in a day with places to be each day. Although doing homework is not ideal to do every day, I miss having those things to do to keep me busy. Here at home, I don’t have anywhere to be nor do I have any responsibilities which is ideal for some people but if you’re like this for most of the summer, you start to get bored, or at least I do. I know as soon as I get back I know I will be regretting missing school but for now, this is what I feel.

I know that this is a short list however, you can’t really miss a lot about school, I just miss the people as well as the activities that I participate in with these amazing people. To all my friends that I have made in my first year of school, I am excited to see all of you again in a few weeks but I am not ready to start school again. I’m ready to make new memories this next year with all of you and many more people that I haven’t met yet!