19 Lessons From 19 Years

19 Lessons From 19 Years

19 things I have learned from my years as a teenager.

2
19 Lessons From 19 Years
my own image

Being 19 marks my last year as a teenager. Many years have come and gone, and many different things have happened. I would like to think that I’ve learned a lot along the way and made many memories- some good and some bad- all lessons that have mattered in life at least once, but one definite thing I have learned is you only get to be a teenager for so long, so don’t waste any time.

1. The friends you’ve known your entire life might not stay your friends forever.
  2. Leaving your comfort zone is rewarding. You should do this more often.
  3. What happened in high school will not matter in the long run. Do not forget this.
  4. What does matter in high school is your school work. That determines your future. Try really freaking hard and do the best you can.
  5. Travel as much as possible. Learn a new culture. Visit museums. Learn new history. Experience the world if you can.
  6. College is fun. College is also hard. College is worth it.
  7. Sleep truly does matter. Don’t take it for granted.
  8. Attempt to meet new people- it’s not as scary as it looks.
  9. Not every person belongs in your life. Find the people who do. These people are important. Hold on to them.
  10. Don’t stress too much about your future- everything happens for a reason.
  11. Find something you love and pursue it.
  12. Don’t resent your parents- as you get older they’re getting older too.
  13. Also thank them as much as you can and always tell them you love them.
  14. Live in the moment as much as possible.
  15. Try something new.
  16. Read a good book at least once a year. Learn something from this. Also put your phone down and enter the real world once in a while.
  17. Try your hardest to put yourself fully into every relationship and job you are put through.
  18. Love yourself.
  19. Be a good person. Always.