10 Things I Learned From Joining A Non-Traditional Sorority

Joining a non-traditional sorority may not be normal but it can have its benefits.

131

When I started college, I had no intention of joining a sorority. However after hearing my friends talk about the amazing time they were having in their sororities I decided to try and join one. After multiple failed attempts at joining a traditional sorority, I finally found my forever home… in a non-traditional sorority. And after talking to my friends in traditional sororities, I found there are a few things that are different.

​1.  Every time you mention being in a sorority, you get a million questions of which one and people don’t seem to understand when it is not a traditional one.

media.giphy.com

2. You get to know all your sisters extremely well... almost too well.

media.giphy.com

3. You don’t have to drink to have a fun time.

media.giphy.com

4. You can’t find your sorority letters anywhere unless you special order them.

media.giphy.com

5. It tends to be cheaper to go the non-traditional route.

media.giphy.com

6. Big/Little is just as important for your sorority as a traditional one.

My Personal Photo

7. There are secrets… a lot of secrets. But it is so worth it.

media.giphy.com

8. There is very little drama but when it does happen everyone knows everything.

media.giphy.com

9. Your sisters will become your best friends and your big/little will be even closer than that.

media.giphy.com

10. No matter where you go you will see a sister and know her name.

media.giphy.com