Things I've Done While Taking on the Stress of Finals Week

Everyone does weird things during finals week without even realizing it, here are just a few of mine.
31

1. Fallen asleep at my desk

I usually wake up with a weird pain in my neck, but I feel refreshed!

2. Slept on my floor

Sometimes, when your bed is high lofted, you just don’t have the energy to climb up into bed after staring at your quizlet note cards for the past five hours.

3. Almost overdosed on ibuprofen

I took some for a headache, and five minutes later, went to get some more because I thought I hadn’t taken any. Luckily, I stopped myself, but I also was too stressed to realize that to overdose you would have to swallow way more than four tablets.

4. Fell asleep on a study guide with a pencil still in my hand

Yeah…that happened.

5. Became extra forgetful

Time to brush my teeth! What was I going to do? Oh yeah wash my face…did I brush my teeth already? I have to pee…wait I just did that…what day is it?

6. Slept for four hours, woke up to work for another four hours, and then went back to bed

That essay was due by noon, but yay me, I got it in by 10 am!

7. Sat and stared into space

Sometimes the wheels stop turning and the room moves in slow motion.

8. Contemplated going to bed, but deciding to stay up so I could get more done, and then tried to write an essay and realized it wasn't making any sense because I was so tired

It’s a constant battle with trying to decide whether I should stay up even later, or just get up earlier.

9. Contemplated if I would be able to handle architecture

Answer: no (it’s a pretty big major here at Judson)

10. Thought about pulling an all-nighter but fell asleep in the midst of deciding

I am not a night owl.

11. Tried to drink coffee

I just can’t. It’s so bitter.

12. Thought about how much later I would be able to stay up if I drank coffee

Maybe it would help me with that all-nighter.

13. Fell asleep while thinking about what it would be like if I liked coffee

Luckily, I get enough caffeine from tea.

14. Told myself I would get up early to finish something and then slept another hour after my alarm went off.

My motivation levels are at an all-time low.

15. Contemplated how my grade would be affected if I ended up just winging this final, and then deciding to keep studying anyway.

For some reason it makes me even more anxious to go into a final unprepared.

16. Found myself googling videos of a moose

It’s happened.

17. Ate cookies

It’s good stress food at 10 p.m. At 1230: a.m. Oh guess what it’s 2 a.m. and I’m hungry again!

18. Switched positions in my chair, and then switch again, and then again, and then back to my original position

You know that feeling when you’ve been sitting for so long, you just can’t get comfortable?

19. Got up and walked aimlessly around my room

When I start to see spots, I tell myself it’s time to go for a walk. Sometimes I pace back and forth in my room, sometimes I walk down the hallway, and once in a while, I knock on someone’s door and end up having a two-hour conversation about how badly I need to study for this final.

20. Tried to cry but was unable to produce any tears because I was too tired to produce them

It gets rough sometimes; you get mad at yourself for not taking better notes, frustrated that you didn’t pay attention better, and just want to punch a wall.

21. Wondering if all this is worth it…it is

It definitely is.