Things I Missed About Finals Week On Villanova's Campus

Misery (finals) love company (other students taking finals).

17
assets.rbl.ms

I would say it was nice to take finals in sweats and t shirts, and attribute it to of quarantine but I do that at school anyway! There are so many things I missed this spring, the spring of my Sophmore year : sorority events, nights out with the girls, coffee dates with friends, service activities, repping my wildcats, and so much more. Among all that, one thing I found myself missing last week when I was taking finals at home, was the entirety of finals week at Villanova. That is one sentence I did not expect to say!

1. The puppy therapy. 

Villanova brings in puppies and bunnies to the library so when you need a study break you can go upstairs and play with puppies!

2. The snacks

So many student groups pass out free snacks and for some reason during finals week at school, I'm always so hungry but somehow forget to eat full meals.

3. The overcrowded study spaces. 

Look I would give anything to be low-key racing the kid next to me to get the last seat in the library coffee shop instead of sitting alone in my room getting ready to take an online exam. Studying for 10 hours straight is just ROUGH no matter what but something about being surrounded by other students just grinding makes me want to study more.

4. Coffee culture 

I love seeing everyone walk around with monsters and iced coffees because it makes me feel better that I'm on my third iced coffee and its only 2:30 pm (or 2:30 A.M., who knows). Sometimes there is even free hot coffee!

5. The end of semester dinner.

The end of the week just before finals starts Villanova hosts the BEST end of semester dinner. There's steak and lobster rizzoto and a bread bar and a desert bar and everything you can imagine. It's kind of like a college kids last supper before taking killer finals.

6. Study buddies.

Does studying with my friends that are also in nursing maybe add some time to my studying?Yes. Is the solidarity and the knowledge and the strengthening of friendships that I get out of it make it worth it? 100% yes.

7. Sweatpants style.

When most the other students you walk past are in sweats and look like they haven't slept in days it makes you feel better that you are wearing the same sweat pants as yesterday and have replaced all of your meals with coffee. It's like a symbiotic chaotic energy that I absolutely love. Just the fact that everyone's running around and exhausted and stres is kind of like an unspoken solidarity and I miss it!