15 Things I Had Time To Do Before College

15 Things I Used To Have Time To Do Before College

Who has time to read for fun anymore?

bykayci
bykayci
30

Well, I have officially survived my first few months at college! Fall semester is over, and spring has arrived, which unfortunately means that winter break has come to an end. The holidays were wonderfully quiet, and during that time I took the opportunity to catch up on all the things that I'd fallen behind on during the semester. But even winter break wasn't enough to catch up.

Here are all the things I used to have time to do before college...

1. Study

Didn't study a lick in high school, but at least I had all the time in the world to. Meanwhile, study time is hard to find in college...

2. Read books for class

^ Me trying to skim over the material 10 minutes before the quiz

3. Read books for fun

I miss the days in high school when I could read books during class...

4. Talk to my parents

I try to call home once a week, but it might only be a five minute conversation.

5. Go shopping

This is why online shopping is becoming so huge!

6. Listening to new music

The "New Music Friday" playlist on Spotify goes untouched for so many weeks...and now all I do is listen to the same songs over and over!

7. Watch TV shows

At least the ones on Netflix and Hulu will be there forever...right?

8. Go to the movies

Now that I don't go to the movies as much, my bank account looks a little better!

9. Cook food for myself (non-microwavable)

Oh sure, there's an oven and a stove and plenty of pots and pans in my dorm...but I've just never had the time to use any of them.

10. Take really good care of my hair

I unfortunately only have the time to do the bare minimum when it comes to my hair...

11. Clean my room 

My roommate and I agreed to clean once a week, but that never really worked out...

12. Go to the gym regularly

Working out would be so easy if there were a gym in my dorm room...

13. Write for fun

This one actually hurts when I'm unable to do it :(

14. Go on adventures

School has never really allowed me to go on spontaneous road trips and adventures, but I want to try and make time to do more of that this semester!

15. Think

My mind has malfunctioned so many times.

Good luck to everybody starting spring semester!