Things I Hope My Mother Knows

Things I Hope My Mother Knows

10
Things I Hope My Mother Knows
Christy Bozeman

Moms might be superheros and all, but we all need a reminder sometimes of all that we mean to others. So, mom, here are some things I'd like you to know:

1. You're beautiful, inside and out.

Your stretch marks, crazy hair days, caring nature, and silly laugh are all parts of you that the Lord has provided and determined to be wonderful in all ways. I hope you see these parts of you as purely as I do.

2. You're what I want to be for my children.

You have always cared about every little detail of your children's lives, and holidays, big tests, birthdays, or simply days when we needed a strong encourager wouldn't have been so successful and sweet if it weren't for you.

3. You're allowed to have down days, too.

As much as you have always been an emotional support for anyone that needed an ear, you're only human, and you have to find rest knowing that taking a breather is sometimes more productive than the 1,000 things on your to-do list.

4. You taught us how to serve well.

Between your heart for little ones and old ones and furry ones and flowery ones, you've demonstrated to us the way to serve without expecting anything in return.

5. You taught us how to love those who don't necessarily love us.

You have always put others before yourself, and although the world doesn't always repay your good efforts, you continue to do them. You have taught us that there is power in doing something for God's ultimate glory and not our own.

6. Admittedly, you'll be the one to pick out my wedding dress.

You gave me your sense of style, and while I sometimes like to pretend like we are different, you always know just what I like and dislike and have not yet failed to predict my decisions made.

7. You hold my best memories.

You're my most fun counterpart and my partner in crime; you're my secret keeper and supporter. You were there for all my ups and downs, and no one will ever get to understand us the way we understand each other.

8. I'm always going to need your help.

Let's be honest, I will always find comfort in you talking to the bank and doctor people for me, and I'll never neglect to appreciate the ways in which you are there for me.

9. Your faith inspires mine.

I pray you will never forget how much of an example you are to everyone around you, no matter where you are in your journey. I hope you know I'm here to support you when you waiver or fall, and I hope you know who taught me how to stand firm in my beliefs.

10. I love you to infinity and beyond.

Always have, always will. My cup overflows.