Five Things To Do Your Freshmen Year At Bryant University

Don't take the easy way out.

176
Joe Vitti

To all incoming Bryant Students, you are in for the time of your life. After finishing my first year at school, I can tell you I had an absolutely amazing time and learned so much. Bryant teaches you how to navigate the world and how to become the best version of yourself. These are five of the top things you should do your freshmen year at the Dawg Pound to make the most of your time here.

1. Take a Class with Adam Rubin

Ah, GFOB. This class is basically a rite of passage for every Bryant student. It’ll teach you all of the joys that come with working in groups and a whole lot about business. I had GFOB this past semester with Professor Rubin. Rubin, as you’ll hear, is hilarious. But, he will also inspire you. When you sign up for classes, yeah, you can take the easy professor. Or, if you want to get the most out of all that money you’re paying to go here, take the professor who will challenge you, allow you to see things in a new light, and will make you work – that’s when you grow.

2. Get a Picture with Bruce

You’ll quickly find out how much everyone on campus loves Bruce, the DPS officer. He’s a super friendly guy and he’s pretty used to students asking to get their pictures taken with him. If you go to Bryant, you probably have a picture with Bruuuuuuuce.

3. Go to Bingo

Every bingo they offer, go to it. Especially big bingo during spring weekend. That’s where the prizes get amazing, and the competition gets real!

4. Presentations….Dress to Impress

You will get used to presenting at this school. Personally, I hated presenting before I came to Bryant. Now that I’ve done it so many times, I actually really like it. When you present at school (unless your professor specifies otherwise) you dress to impress. Bring business attire to school and get used to wearing a blazer.

5. Make Your Contacts

It’s important to realize how important the relationships you are about to make are. Talk to your professors and engage in what they have to say. They will go the extra mile for you and it is beyond helpful. Make sure you are outgoing and just be yourself!