Things to do During Winter Break

Things to do During Winter Break

Why be bored at home? There is always something fun you can be doing!

26
Things to do During Winter Break
Wallpaper Cave

With finals looming around the corner, there’s one thing everyone can agree on- we want to look past them to winter break. Now for some people, winter break is packed with family and traveling, but for others, it looks a little more boring. Need help finding things to do? You’ve come to the right place!

1. SLEEP!

Finals are not easy. Most of us are going to spend the next couple of weeks sleep-deprived and exhausted. Do your body a favor- get some sleep during break! We all know that come the new semester, we are all going to slowly get sleep deprived again, no matter how hard we try not to, so catch those Z’s before January!

2. Start a new show!

Now might be the time to start the 1 month free Netflix, HBO, or Hulu trial! Winter break is the perfect time to spend hours watching TV! Let’s be honest- it’s too cold to be outside, and sometimes the family can be too much. It might be a good time to watch BBC’s Sherlock (the new season comes out in January!), catch up on Game of Thrones, mess with your head with Black Mirror, or just enjoy some light humor with Parks and Recreation.

3. Read a book!

In this new era we call the digital age, reading isn’t always on the top of the list of things to do. Why read when you can enjoy a movie or play a game? Reading allows you to experience a completely different type of creativity than movies and TV. It’s always fun to curl up in front of the fireplace with a warm blanket and a cup of hot cocoa.

4. Reconnect with friends or family!

When you are away for college for an entire semester, it’s easy to get out of touch with your family or old friends. Winter break can be a good time to reconnect! Go on a sibling outing or a friend date! Ice skating and hot chocolate can always be fun!

5. Learn a new recipe!

One thing you definitely miss at college is a warm, home-cooked meal. Winter break is a great time to learn and master a new recipe that you can impress your friends with at college, and that you can enjoy when you really miss home. Choose a recipe that isn’t too complicated and requires minimal ingredients and master it!

Remember, we can get through the rest of the semester! Good luck on finals!