22 Things For Baylor Freshman To Add On Their Bucket List
Education

22 Things The Baylor Class of 2022 Should Do Before They Throw Their Last 'Sic'Em'

There's so much to do before we graduate!

725
Baylor Science Building
Macy Scott

I start classes soon, really soon. And although I want to focus on my grades, I also want to fully take part in all the Baylor traditions, non-official traditions, and fun things to do on campus and around Waco! I have lots of friends that are already at Baylor, so they have all told me what I have to do my freshman year.

1. Participate fully in Welcome Week.

That means eating with my small group, Late Night, Spirit Rally, The Big Event, Candlelight, and going to many other events that happen during the week before classes.

2. Get a Dr. Pepper float at Dr. Pepper hour.

Every Tuesday from 3-4, you'll know where I'll be ;).

3. Become friends with my CL.

It'll be great to have a mentor that has great advice and to have a shoulder to cry on when I miss my family.

4. See Pigskin Revue, After Dark, Stompfest, and All-University Sing.

I can't wait to watch performances and cheer on fellow classmates!

5. Kayak in the Brazos River.

I've never gone kayaking, but there's always firsts in college! Might as well make kayaking one of them.

6. Take a picture on Judge Baylor.

I want to recreate it when I graduate!

7. Show my parents around for Parent's Weekend.

They have seen Baylor's campus a few times when we toured, but never had tour of everything.

8. Go to Diadeloso events.

A day off from classes filled with fun activities? Sign. Me. Up.

9. Run the Baylor Line.

Bonus points if I don't trip and make a fool of myself in front of thousands of people.

10. Find a church home.

My roommates and I are going church hopping until we all find the right fit. Can't wait for this!!

11. Do ALL the Homecoming Festivities.

Freshman Mass Meeting, Extravaganza & Bonfire, the Homecoming Parade, and of course the Homecoming football game!!

12. Lay in a hammock somewhere around campus.

Seriously SO FUN.

13. Befriend a professor (or a few).

From what I've heard, the professors can be super cool.

14. Study at Common Grounds.

I just love coffee shops, and Common Grounds is a student favorite.

15. Find my favorite restaurant in Waco.

With so many food options, this might take me a while.

Participate in Christmas on 5th.

I can't wait to take pictures with my friends once the Christmas tree is lit!

17. Take a picture with Joy and Lady.

aka the cutest bears EVER.

18. Go to a Church Under the Bridge service.

Although I don't plan on making this my home church, I would love to visit it!

19. Take a picture with Bruiser.

The school's mascot would make for a great Instagram pic.

20. Have a picnic on campus.

Picnics are a hassle to plan for, but they are so fun, and being on the beautiful Baylor campus makes it so much better.

21. Climb the Rock at the SLC.

I'm fairly certain it is STILL the tallest rock climbing wall in the state of Texas.

22. Make lifelong friends.

My college experience wouldn't be complete if I didn't make friends that would stay in my life forever.

I'm really looking forward to my first year at Baylor and can't wait to do all these things alongside my friends. Sic 'em!