12 Things Only People Under 30 Fully Understand

Only young millennials and Gen Z will know

1968
Pexels.com

Being a young adult in 2019 is full of a lot of random stuff that our parents and grandparents didn't have. We have more opportunities, different lifestyles, and just really weird stuff we always thought as normal.

Our obsession with avocados

A super food with a huge place in our hearts.

College debt

An actual representation of me giving colleges my money, with no questions asked.

Buying jeans with holes in them 

pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress.com

Memes

The hero we needed, but don't deserve

Gifs

A sort of sibling to the meme, but powerful in its own right.

Spending five dollars on coffee

Not a want, but a need

YouTube/Instagram influencers

They make the world go round.

Mason jars as cups, decorations basically anything that isn’t for their intended purpose.

So versatile

Our love of succulents

Why have kids when you could have ten cute succulents that don't talk back.

Renting instead of buying

Besides have like no actual financial stability, we prefer to live less conventional lives than our predecessors.

Our imminent downfall as a society

We never grew up in a time of prosperity, and also know the earth may be dying unless we make a significant change to how we treat it. I guess that’s what happens after we treat it like shit.

Being non-binary or gender fluid

A new concept where people don't have to conform to gender norms or even acknowledge them.