They're Probably Not Happy

They're Probably Not Happy

Constant Posters on Social Media.

8
They're Probably Not Happy

I'm not against social media. It can be a great resource for communication and even as a source of local news. But, we have to look at it for what it is. Generally, it is for people to share news about themselves. It is for people who are craving attention, which is not always a bad thing. Humans simply crave attention and they have the opportunity to get that on social media.

Good news tends to be what most people post about on social media. For that reason, we have to look at these posts with grain of salt. Often, we get jealous of these people posting good news. We should be happy for them, but we shouldn't think that their lives are perfect. We can't even assume that they're happy.

Chances are that they're not if they are constantly posting. They're using social media as an outlet to make people "like" their posts--seeking approval and care from others. Often times, they're not happy being single or being with the person they're with.

I've seen it happen and so have you. We've seen people post one million posts telling their significant others that they love them and tagging them in the post. Can you not tell them in person? Do you need other people to know that you've told them you love them? I cannot process how that fits into a healthy relationship. I understand a post or two every once in a while talking about their significant others' importance, but I don't understand why you would need to constantly post about it other than that person being unhappy.

I do not shame anyone for posting a lot on social media. I'm sad for them. I'm supposing that there is a hole in their life that they're trying to fill. Maybe they even use social media as a place to look at someone else's life and they feel inadequate.

Don't look at social media as a medium that can tell you about someone's quality of life. They probably aren't happy if they post 10 times a day. They're not involved in their immediate life and relationships. They're not doing things with people that will matter in the long run.

Social media can be a great place to just let your mind wander, but it shouldn't tell you about how someone feels. Take everything with a grain of salt.