If These Walls Could Speak

If These Walls Could Speak

They would tell you what an incredible journey it has been.

10
If These Walls Could Speak
Christian Pf

The other night I came across a commercial on television for Command Strips. The father was moving his son into his college dorm room. The son was attempting to hang some objects from his wall. The father looked at the son and said, “If these walls could speak.” As I head into my senior year of college, that particular line struck something inside me.

If these walls could speak. What would they say?

They would tell you about the beginning

They would tell you about college move-in day. They would tell you about your parents meeting your new friends on the floor. They would tell you about the clothing they unpacked and the bed they made. They would tell you about the heartbreaking goodbye that you say to your family. They would tell you about the first night of laying your head on a different pillow in a different room. It would take you back to the first conversations with your new roommate. They would tell you about the first few days of orientation. They would tell you about the new classes, new clubs, and new friends. They would share the first college party experience. These walls would explain the beginning in detail because it was a time of many emotions.

They would tell you about the roller- coaster ride

Getting a degree takes time. Not every single day of this journey was incredible. It would tell you about the hardships. It would tell you about the night that guy broke your roommate's heart. It would tell you about the night she cried herself to sleep. It would tell you about the unfair professors that thought their class was your only priority. It would tell you about homesickness. It would tell you about roommate conflicts.

It would also tell you about some of life's greatest moments. It would tell you about the guy on the third floor who swept you off your feet. It would tell you about the professor who changed your life. They would show you presenting your final project. It would tell you about the interview that led to an amazing internship or job. It would tell you about the friends that became family. These walls contain many stories the good and the bad.

They would tell you about the memories they made

They would tell you about the first night you cooked dinner for your roommates. They would tell you about the countless nights spent on the green listening to music and looking at the stars. It would show the sporting events. It would show you the campus events. They would tell you about the night you hauled it to the main campus for a hot chocolate during a snow storm. They would tell you about the endless dance parties after a stressful day or work and classes. These walls contain millions of memories.