These Are Not The Actions of An Innocent Man

Trump claims there was absolutely nothing illegal going on during the election - so why is he trying to stop the truth from coming out?
139

I won't talk about the investigation, nor speculate what's going on. We simply do not know just what exactly Robert Mueller has found, nor do we know how severe the impact will be. However, I want to address the facts we do know. The Trump campaign had communications with Russian officials, the Russians hacked into servers and systems to alter public view to make Trump win the electorate (we don't use the public because the system is outdated), and Robert Mueller III, former FBI director, is investigating the president for collusion and obstruction of justice – both being impeachable offenses. If you want to know how all this started, I wrote an article last year about the firing of James Comey. And well, since then (and long before), Trump has tried to end a fair and just investigation. Innocent people do not act this way.

Trump said that Mueller should not investigate any money or business deals, as those are his personal “red line.” And on April 9, following a tip from the Mueller team, the FBI office in New York City raided Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen's offices for documents, using a no-knock warrant signed by a Trump-appointed federal judge. Prior to this, several indictments had been handed down from the Special Counsel, including ones for campaign officials such as Paul Manafort and Roger Stone. Rod Rosenstein, the Deputy Attorney General for the United States, has kept his stance very clear – Mueller is within his rights and will not be fired. But after the Cohen raid (which Cohen himself said was appropriate, whatever that means), Trump has considered firing Rosenstein as he cannot fire Mueller, and AG Jeff Sessions has recused himself and has no knowledge beyond what we the people know about the goings on with the investigation. Yes, it is true that Mueller told Trump he wasn't a target of the investigation, but he did inform his legal team that he was still a subject and there is a near complete report on obstruction of justice and possible other crimes committed while in office. And now he wants to fire those who are holding him accountable. These are the facts, and can all be verified easily. Perhaps it's because he's never been held accountable in his life and expects it to just go away, or he's trying to cover up a high crime that would get him impeached and even jailed for doing. As we find out more and more, and he says he's actively considering firing them, the latter is more likely.

This is not how innocent men act. If Trump was truly innocent and there was no wrong-doing, he would be cooperative and help the Counsel by any means. He'd let it go without issue to prove his innocence. However, he has attempted to stop it from continuing several times, believing he is above the law and that Mueller and his team are leading a “witch hunt” against him. If he had committed no crime, he would be supportive and willing to work with the team. There would already be completed interviews. But there is not. Trump obviously has been up to no good, he's tried to fire Mueller or Rosenstein several times just because they're investigating his campaign, his family, and himself. Trump even admitted to obstruction of justice by trying to fire Mueller and firing Comey to stop the investigation, because he wanted to “fight back.” If he did no wrong than he wouldn't need to retaliate. The entire thing would be over by now if there was nothing of substance, but it's still going strong and more and more people are being questioned and documents are being subpoenaed. For that matter, Trump and the leadership of the RNC are trying to discredit Comey with out of context quotes and flat out lies to cause their base to turn against the FBI – that way if and when Mueller comes out with his findings, then they can try and say it's all fake and for their supporters to fight back. Innocent people do not try and end an investigation, let alone attempt to ruin someone's reputation.

Republicans and conservatives without party (basically Republicans) have mostly excused these actions and say the president should be allowed to do his job. But if he did steal the election, should he be allowed to continue? No, and everybody complicit should be in jail. If he didn't, then the investigation would have already proved that. Republicans want a dictatorship, if they didn't then they wouldn't be supporting Trump and his belief that he can make all the laws and go after journalists and order people upholding the law to be fired. If you're registered R and you don't like the way the party is going, be a real patriot and change to independent or Democrat, because you're aiding and abetting treason and the destruction of the justice system. I'm serious, if you care about this country then make the official on paper split from the GOP. If not, then you're just as much at fault as the ones at the top who sold off the presidency. And yeah the Democrats haven't exactly been the shining example of politics in this country, but at least right now they aren't covering up the destruction of our elections and with that the American system of government. I dare a Republican to explain why they'd let Trump get away with all this yet still consider themselves a patriot. As I said, the RNC is officially running with Trump's methods of lying and slander against officials. They are no longer a party of patriots, rather a party of people covering up high treason. They need to be willing to speak out against him if they want to really show love of country. If they're not ashamed to call themselves a Republican, then you need to get far away from them and do it fast, because their views, no matter what they say, are connected to a group that wants elections stolen and criminals installing fascism in the country. Nobody is above the law, and that includes the President of the United States and leadership of political parties.

By the time you read this, there will be more developments in this story, be it indictments or firings. The Department of Homeland Security is preparing a list of journalists and bloggers who are speaking out against the administration, the president wants to stop an investigation into him and has openly called for his supporters to fight back and rise up. Once again, this is not how innocent people act. Trump is not innocent, because if he was, he wouldn't be trying to end things, he'd be working with Mueller directly. For once in his life he's being held accountable and with consequence, something he's never had to deal with – hence why he's trying to close it all down. If Trump was truly innocent and his campaign did nothing illegal, then he should be supporting the investigation. But he's not, and he's just digging himself deeper and deeper. You don't fire someone because they're looking into your campaign's possible collusion with a foreign government, because then you might as well pack up and go home. And the RNC will stand with Trump even if it comes out that he's a traitor and a Russian plant, because they too have been corrupted by people who would sooner see a nation under the rule of a dictator than one ruled by the people and for the people. Tell your Republican friends and family to either denounce Trump altogether or find a new political party, because sooner or later this will all come crashing down and it's going to cause more division in this country. If they won't, then maybe you need to reconsider being around them. Because anybody who supports a group like this shouldn't be considered true Americans. Innocent men don't do what Trump is doing, and Mueller will be after him. It's only a matter of time.