There Are Two Sides To Every Story

There Are Two Sides To Every Story

4163

This world is not as black and white as we would all like it to be. There are no good guys, there are not bad guys either. Not really. Perspective is everything, and whether someone is good or bad is relative to you and your values. This simple truth makes life so much harder than most of us can take. So we choose sides, we divide amongst ourselves, and for what? To prove that I was right and you were wrong? You have got to be kidding me. There is so much more to this life than the sides we choose to stand by. There are two sides to every story, and just like tossing a quarter up to see what side it will land on, the side you end up on is one you did not choose on your own, you were raised into it.

This makes it all the harder to be willing to see things from the others perspective, to try and understand why it is that they do these things. Most people out there are not heartless, and they are not crazy. They are afraid, and fear will make you do loads of incredibly stupid things. I am making a choice, and it isn’t to pick black or white, right or wrong, but rather to not live in fear of someone who is different from me. I choose to understand rather than fight. To love instead of hate. Hope instead of despair. We all have a choice in the lives we lead and how those live impact the world. So what do you choose?