6 Helpful Therapy Dog Resources

Feel A Lil' Better: Because Therapy Dogs Aren't Just Cute, They're Working

3583

There are many different ways people overcome obstacles in their lives. Thankfully, the stigma surrounding therapy is slowly (but surely) slipping away and we're opening up about our problems and needs. For some, a good workout is just as relaxing. Others are learning how meditation can be a helpful tool in their mental health journey.

But y'all, let's talk about therapy dogs.

While we can't all run to the welcome paws of a mama golden retriever when we need a boost, there are good boys and girls who are doing a lot of work so that individuals can go through the day, a helpful paw to hold.

Each week, we're bringing you the best resources and influencers to give you a health boost. Here's what we're following this week regarding therapy dogs.

Book: "Turn Your Dog Into A Therapy Dog"

Do you already have a dog you love? Were you thinking of getting a puppy soon? Sally Grottini has all the info you need to turn your beloved pup into the therapy dog of your dreams.

Podcast: "A Dog's Best Friend"

This episode of "A Dog's Best Friend" includes Deborah Taffler, who shares the story of her dog, Noodle, who is a therapy dog. Deborah talks about how fulfilling it has been to see Noodle "at work," helping every individual she meets.

Instagram influencer: Magnus the Therapy Dog

Magnus gets it. It's hard work being this lovable!

Twitter account: The Good Dog Foundation

Meet good dogs (like Mambo!) and follow The Good Dog Foundation, an organization that connects therapy dogs to people in need in health care, social service, education, and community facilities. You can volunteer with your pup once they're certified, which can be done through The Good Dog Foundation, too!

YouTuber: The Stumpy Brigade

Are you and your furry friend overachievers and want to practice before the test? The Stumpy Brigade will help you study and paw-sitively ace the exam!

BONUS: Therapy dog vest

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but you might as well get the vet in advance. The goodest pups are prepared!

Is there a wellness resource you'd like to see featured? Send an email to lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.