Discovery of The Writer In Me

Discovery of The Writer In Me

When the call to write is too strong.

158
Discovery of The Writer In Me
Tumblr

Does it start with an idea or two? Maybe even everything that you had a dream about? Is it an article that gets you excited, a poem, or maybe a novel that gets you going? Some passions don’t take a lot of thinking. Action takes over like second nature when it comes to something that you really care about. I feel that writing should just flow and it shouldn’t be forced. But there are sometimes when you have to pull yourself together and spit some words out. I get it, especially when you have an assignment due at 11:59 pm. Ha-ha college life is funny. I know it. However, I’ve loved being able to write since I was young. Writing to me is self-expression and I think it’s one of the best forms of self-expression. Most of my novels are pieces of my dreams roped into real life experiences. Other than these articles that you guys read, I’m more into writing my novels. I was made to tell someone’s story and articles are great just sometimes short-lived. I’ve always wanted to write a story that inspires and encourages others. I love helping others and I want to be able to help someone in my writing as well. When I got to high school I started getting more serious about my writing and began to publish my stories on Wattpad.com. Writing gives me great joy and I can’t wait to have one of my books published one day.

I remember it starting in elementary school. I stopped giving my full attention to my studies. Instead of my head being in the books, my head was exploring all types of fantasies, imaginations and desires. I can recall writing a love story about one of my old celebrity crushes and boy was I too young to be thinking about some of those things. I had showed my friends and they giggled at what they had just read. One day when we were sitting in the cafeteria waiting for school to start or let out, I gave my pages to one of my friends so she could read. Mind that this is a time when we were supposed to be quiet, but I wasn’t the type to keep my mouth shut. Social butterfly party of one please! Any who my friends and I were too busy laughing at rose petals and the shirtless hip-hop singer that a teacher came over to see what the fuss was about. She snatched my story and her reaction was priceless. We laughed more and I know she probably said something on the lines of we were too old to be reading that type of stuff. I adored my crazy childhood adventures and ever since then I’ve never stopped writing. My writing egged on my love for reading so I could learn more and be inspired daily. I have grown as a writer from my first story to now. I have grown as a woman generally, developing my own morals and values so of course my writing looks different now too. Until next time, just remember to pick up a copy of my book when it hits the shelves!