The Wonders of Lipstick

The Wonders of Lipstick

Lipstick is more than just a color for your lips.

141
The Wonders of Lipstick
Allure

There are multiple types of cosmetics for people to pick from nowadays. From foundations to highlighters, the makeup industry is constantly releasing new products for makeup lovers like myself. Out of the endless amounts of makeup I admit to owning, my favorite product has to be lipstick.

Lipsticks are one of the few products out in the makeup market that actually come in multiple finishes as well as colors. What are lipstick finishes? Aren’t they all the same? The answer is absolutely not. There are lipstick formulas where the product could have a shiny, matte, semi-matte, or glossy finish. In addition to all the different finished one can decide from, lipsticks come in pretty much every color in the rainbow from neon blue to a neutral pink. There are also lipstick products that can be in the traditional lipstick tube form or in a form of a liquid lipstick where the product is essentially in a tube like package with a makeup wand that is used to apply it onto the lips.

A lot of people do not realize that they can use lipstick for more than just a color on your lips. One popular use for lipstick is eyeliner. All you have to do is get some lipstick onto an eyeliner brush then apply it onto your lid or however else you would like. Along with eyeliner, some people like to use lipstick as an eyeshadow base before applying their actual eyeshadow color. Lipstick is also commonly used as an alternative to blush. To do this, you pick a pinky shade of lipstick that suits your skin tone then dot it onto each cheek before blending it out with your fingers or a makeup brush of your choice. A unique makeup trend that was popular on social media a few months ago was to use also use an orangey red lipstick color to help conceal dark circles around the eyes. Lip art is something that has been going viral on social media lately as well. Both men and women post videos or pictures on social media of tiny works of art painted onto their lips with the use of small brushes and lipstick. Lip art can range from simple patters to intricate works of art.

Lipsticks are not used just for beauty purposes. A lot of lipsticks out in the market are now using sun protective properties which helps protect lips from UV ray damage. Some lipsticks nowadays even have antiaging properties in their formulas that help lips stay healthy and hydrated.

Lipstick is a way to enhance beauty, but nowadays people are able to use it for more than one purpose. If you have never tried lipstick, I highly suggest giving it a try. From experience I have found that the right shade of lipstick can truly make you feel like you can conquer whatever life throws at you.