The Women’s March Is A Revolution That Keeps On Growing

This fight is only beginning.

51

The annual Women's March is taking place this Saturday in various cities throughout the U.S. You cannot imagine HOW excited I am. When this march first started the day after Trump's inauguration, I was in awe of the amounts of people who came together to support this cause. I am still in awe that it continues today.

The Women's March is a place for people of all types to come together in solidarity and support of one another. I have never been but I have heard that the people who go are inspired and ready to take on our racist and sexist government.

However, the Women's March has been involved in some controversy this year. The Democratic National Committee is one of the biggest funders of the march. They have contributed to the march during both years. But this year, the DNC has pulled out as one of the donors due to anti-semitic claims. Even though the DNC pulled out, they issued a statement in support of the march.

"The DNC stands in solidarity with all those fighting for women's rights and holding the Trump administration and Republican lawmakers across the country accountable. Women are on the front lines of fighting back against this administration and are the core of our Democratic Party."

Even with the loss of the DNC's funding, the support from the people still remains. Millions of people gather in these cities no matter the weather or the time. The movement is not just going to last for a couple of years. This will go on forever until people get the equal rights that they deserve. I am honored to be a part of this generation who is leading the movement. I can't wait to march with my fellow women this Saturday.

The fight will never end; it's only just begun.