To The Woman Who Fears the Lord

To The Woman Who Fears the Lord

What Proverbs 31 teaches us about being women.

119
To The Woman Who Fears the Lord

Some of my favorite bible verses about women come from Proverbs 31. It speaks of how women of God are powerful in many ways, and also shows us how priceless we are! Let's take a look at this set of verses!

“An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant. Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭31:10-31‬ ‭ESV‬‬

I know it's a lot of verses, but if you made it through them all and are still hanging in there, good for you! These verses show just how much a woman does for her family and for the Lord! We as women sell ourselves short all the time! Saying we don't do enough or we didn't get enough done today! When really just cooking/bringing dinner for your family is a big deal! You provide that because you care, and these are your people to take care of! Your children count on you for things like dinner and you as a parent know that, and count it as something you just have to do! Remember this, there are parents out there that don't feed their kids. An addiction to drugs, sex, alcohol, etc. is more important than placing a meal in front of their child. So the next time you bring home McDonald's after a long day, instead of cooking a meal, remember you're doing your job! How it gets done doesn't matter! Your kids won't look back and regret that there wasn't a home cooked meal every night! They will remember how hard you worked to take care of them!

We as women also often think of ourselves as not good enough. When it comes to finding a boyfriend or husband. We often let men treat us badly because we want to be in love or we feel as though we can't do better. Remember this, God says that a excellent wife is far more precious than jewels! If a man can not treat you as though you are priceless he does not deserve you! You are beautiful. Stop thinking you're not. You may weigh more than other women, okay so what? That doesn't take away from your beauty! You may think your friends are prettier than you, guess what they aren't! God created us all beautiful! We are all perfect in our own ways. There is no questioning God's beautiful creations, and you are one of his favorites.

Now, we as women who strive to be the perfect Proverbs 31 woman must remember a few simple things. We are influencers. Not just on our children, but on everyone around us! The way you provide for your family not only influences your daughters or sons to do the same, but also helps friends see things they may need to improve in their relationship. The way we speak and act is a big influence. We as christians are always being watched. When we open our mouths everyone is waiting for us to mess up. We must keep clean speech and remember our values. If we all went around cussing up a storm and going against the will of the Lord, we wouldn't really be very good examples would we? I'm from the south, and I learned a lot from my mom. Things children pick up are important. We want our daughter to become a mature woman of the Lord, and we want our son to one day find the same in his wife! So being a good example of the Proverbs 31 woman is extremely important. This doesn't just apply to women who are married with children. This applies to women of all ages! Girls with younger sisters: you are a huge influence on your baby sis! She wants to be just like you and do everything you do! Make sure you aren't leading her down the wrong path. Older girls in youth groups, the same goes for you! The younger girls are always watching. This kind of leading by example applies to friendships as well.

As you read through this article, I've made many points. It's nearly impossible to be the perfect Proverbs 31 woman every day! I completely understand that! However, we should always strive to be the woman of God laid out for us in this passage! Work on things little by little! The effort you put in is always pleasing to the Lord! Remember charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!