The Ultimate Guide to End of Summer Fun

The Ultimate Guide to End of Summer Fun

We're not going to lie—last year was actually quite a bummer. Many of us feel like we didn't get a summer of fun at all. But this year has been different, with plenty of fun had already.

105183
Summer Fun

Compared to last summer, this summer has been full of more promise, hope and optimism. It has been a season that has been full of more opportunities, more reunions and more adventures.

And the best news of all is that summer is not nearly over yet! There are still warm summer days ahead, beautiful sunsets to soak in and plenty of activities to make this summer memorable in a positive way.

There is still time left to get the gang together, throw the ultimate reunion or have that long-anticipated adventure. And with vaccine rollouts around the world finally making some positive traction, the options really do seem endless for ways to cap off your summer in a safe way.

To help you make the most of the end of summer, we have put together the ultimate guide of all the things you should do to make the most of the remainder of the summer season and how to get prepared for more summer memories in 2022.

1. Throw a Fiesta

Summer days are made for mezcal and margaritas. Get your friends together for one more final summer bash, fiesta-style! Hire a taco truck, get the Spanish tunes blasting and have Mexican beverages available all day long. Nothing gets you in the spirit quite as a fiesta does and there is plenty of time to organize yours. Other essentials to remember for throwing your fiesta include an abundance of chips and guac, over-the-top sombreros and a venue that is out in the sunshine.

2. Relax for those Final Days

One of the best parts of summer is the ability to be able to kick back and relax. So make the most of the final days of summer by giving yourself full permission to do just that. This means that you will sit back on your outdoor lounger with a good book, sunscreen and your favorite vinyl record albums playing softly in the background. And since it is still summer, you should be sipping away on a cheeky daytime cocktail too—even if it is just a solo afternoon of relaxation.

3. Book an Adventure

With the end of summer are some crazy travel deals that are too good to pass up. If the local guidelines allow for visitors and you meet the requirements for entry, give yourself a summer adventure to remember forever. Whether it is a flight to explore one of the 50 states you've never been to or a flight over the pond to Europe for a summer holiday in Greece, Italy or Croatia, you deserve this adventure. Just make sure to find n95 masks in stock for your flight, ensure your passport is all squared away and get your camera all charged up to capture these lifelong memories you are about to create.

4. Have a Pool Party

Throw an intimate pool party for you and your best friends—either at your house or a holiday home somewhere epic. For your pool party, make sure that you have all the essentials for this wet and wild day. This includes some of FUNBOY's pool floats that provide the perfect Instagram backdrop, plenty of pizza, a well-stocked bar and an epic summer playlist that blasts through your bluetooth speaker. Throwing a pool party is a great way to cool off as summer comes to an end and is a great excuse to get all your friends together one final time for the season. And to really make your pool party one to remember, stock up on all the latest outdoor gadgets from As Seen On TV.

5. Have a Movie Night in the Backyard

Why go to the cinema when you can have a movie night in your own backyard? Throw up a large canvas sheet, get the projector plugged in and cuddle up on some outdoor beanbags for a night under the stars. There is something magical about those summer nights and watching a movie outside lets you capture the full magic of it. And to make movie night even more delicious, serve up some s'mores and popcorn as the snacks of choice that night.

6. Take Up a Summer Sport

Summertime is for trying new things, so why not end this summer with a new skill? If you live by a lake, try taking up waterskiing or wakeboarding? Or if you are at the beach, take that surf lesson that has been on your bucket list for years already. And if you aren't by a body of water, why not dust off those hiking shoes and go for an adventure up a mountain? There are so many summer activities that you have time to try out and you are sure to find a new passion that will keep you looking forward to next summer as well.

7. Attend a Music Festival

Music festivals are finally making a comeback. And there is no better way to cap off the summer than by having a weekend filled with dancing, singing and being care-free in a joyous environment. So hop online and find the nearest musical festival to you, get those tickets and start looking forward to dancing your way through the rest of summer.

8. Spend a Day on a Boat

Nothing quite says summer like a day spend on a boat. Whether it is on someone's private boat or an organized cruise to see some local marine life, being on a boat is such a fabulous way to spend the remainder of summer. Or consider renting kayakys to explore the local rivers, lakes or waterways. Being on the water is meditative while the freedom a boat provides will create an adventure that will be a highlight of your whole year.

9. Visit a National Park

Whild the national parks in America are open all year round, visiting in the summer provides you more daylight to explore them more. With summer wrapping up, the majority of families will be back home, meaning you have more of nature to enjoy for yourself. Visit half-dome in Yosemite National Park, climb Angel's Landing in Zion National Park or be amazed by the incredible scenery at Bryce Canyon National Park. To really get the most bang for your buck, get the National Parks pass so you can get a discount and maximize the amount of parks you can visit this summer and next.

10. Treat Yourself to Relaxation

With summer wrapping up, there are tons of great last-minute deals that will give you a great incentive to spoil yourself. Book into a spa for the day, escape to a boutique hotel overnight or go on a weekend wellness retreat. The end of summer is the perfect time to reset and go into the autumn season feeling balanced and revitalized.

While we wish summer could stay forever, we sure are grateful it treated us better this year than last year. From taking your final summer adventures to throwing parties with your best friends, there are still plenty of items to tick off your summer bucket list. What one will you be doing first?