The Truth About Glasses

The Truth About Glasses

A short spooky story about the reason glasses were invented.

58
The Truth About Glasses

Originally everyone had perfect eyesight. Then he arrived. A being that would change the world and force humanity to adapt.

You see, we are taught that people need glasses because their eyes have changed. The truth is far scarier than that. The

glasses aren't there to help you see, they are there to prevent you from seeing. We need glasses to protect ourselves.

This is because he is deadly. If you see him with your own eyes once, then he hunts you, and the next time you see him; he

will kill you. This isn't exclusive to seeing his physical form, for, as it is known, a name contains the essence of powerful beings such as him. This means that reading his name is the same as seeing him.

Doing either of these things once is such a traumatic experience that our brain alters how we perceive reality. This alteration

that protects us is known today as having poor vision. Those who read his name lose the ability to see clearly things that are close and those that see his physical form lose the ability to see things in the distance clearly.

Glasses enable these people to see clearly once more, while also providing a buffer that the being cannot get through. Four-

eyes isn't an insult, no, it's what keeps us alive. If you already wear glasses and see something on the edge of your vision or you read a word wrong, then keep your glasses on because he is close. He's trying to trick you into removing the barrier so he can extinguish the flame of your life.

There's a reason more people need glasses in today's world. He is more active than ever. Once upon a time everyone knew

about him and that's when glasses were invented. However, as time passed the truth behind glasses faded away as a myth and fake stories came about. As more people become negligent, or get laser eye surgery, his power grows.

So be wary and remember, having four-eyes will save your life.