The Top 8 Unforgettable Scenes From The Film Titanic

Hop aboard the Titanic as we explore some of the best scenes that made this a critically acclaimed film

3463
https://variety.com/2017/film/news/titanic-20th-anniversary-re-release-1202616007/

On April 10th, 1912, the RMS Titanic set sail on her ill-fated and only voyage. This voyage would later turn out to be a tragedy after the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank. We all have heard of this story in our history class and we have all seen the fictional film the Titanic where Jack who is played by Leonardo DiCaprio and Rose who is played by Kate Winslet. As the anniversary of the Titanic is nearing it is time to remember these top 8 unforgettable scenes from the film. A spoiler alert is now in effect.

1. Jack wins tickets

Jack and Mauricio are betting everything they have to make the big move to America with tickets to board on the Titanic. When they win that bet over a game of Poker they really do have some of the best luck out there. This comes to show how you should sometimes take risks and how you should do what your heart desires.

2. You jump I jump

Rose finally agrees to go aboard the lifeboat when the Titanic is sinking. She feels uneasy without Jack on the lifeboat since the rule is women and children first. As she is lowered down to the water on the boat she gets one last glimmer of Jack and when she is at level at the balcony she jumps back on the Titanic since she wanted to be with the man who saved her from committing suicide.

3. Nearer My God To Thee

In this montage scene, the orchestra of the Titanic is playing the sad tune, 'Nearer My God To Thee' to help calm the passengers on board who know that the Titanic is sinking and they will possibly be going down with it. This tune is played while we see an elderly couple hold hands as they know they will not make it. You see captain of the Titanic Edward Smith looking sternly and you see women and children screaming all while the waves are crashing around them.

4. 3rd Class Irish Dance

When Jack takes Rose to the third class Irish dance she finally lets loose and breaks free. Not only does she have a good time and gets closer with Jack, she is getting that chance to be herself and break free from her mother and her wealthy family she has always hated since it oppressed her.

5. When Jack Meets Rose

With Rose unhappy of being with her snobby rich family and forced into a marriage with a greedy man named Caledon pushes Rose to the edge both literally and figuratively. Just when Rose is going to jump off the Titanic and commit suicide, Jack talks her out of it and says if you jump I jump. This scene is where Rose realizes how Jack saved her from doing something she regretted, and when she doesn't follow through with this plan she slips overboard and Jack still manages to save her from falling down to her death.

6. I'm Flying

Whenever you think about the film Titanic, this scene is what you immediate think of. Kate Winslet's and Leonardo DiCaprio's are well known in this scene. This is when Jack and Rose realize they are comfortable with each other.

7. I'll Never Let Go

The Titanic has sunk and Rose promised to never let go of Jack and that they will be together. This is such a tear jerker scene when Rose realizes how Jack died from the icy waters. In this scene we see Rose let go of Jack but still keep the stone that he has as the memory of Jack lives on.

8. Jack and Rose are reunited

When elder Rose finally throws the stone from the wreck where the Titanic sank is when she is at peace since Jack and Rose were never together after Jack died. However, Rose who is now older is seen drifting into slumber in the final scene which shows the many Titanic passengers and Jack on the top of the staircase. Jack and Rose are seen kissing with the passengers on board cheering and clapping. Now what makes this scene unique is how it is up to the audience to decide whether Rose is either dreaming or passed away peacefully in her sleep where her heart will go on.