The Top 5 Songs In My Music Library

The Top 5 Songs In My Music Library

Have you ever listened to a song and completely related to it on deep, heartfelt level? These are exactly those songs for me.
46

I love music. No really, I LOVE music. I feel like there's something so "freeing" and "rejuvenating" about certain music and It's one of the many creative outlets that I have a strong adoration for an I appreciate those that continue to bless my ears with their amazing vocals and powerful lyrics that I can feel on a spiritual level. Over the years I have acquired quite a diverse love for the craft, I'll listen to just about any genre and when a song really touches my heart and moves from deep within, I can't let that go unrecognized without sharing what I've had on repeat for the past couple of hours (sometimes even the whole day) with those around me. Let's take a look at my top 5 all-time favorite songs in my library at the moment, shall we?

1. "Too Good at Goodbyes" & "Nothing Left For You" by Sam Smith

Both of these songs are off of his newly entitled The Thrill of It All album that just recently peeked it's way onto the charts, and I have to say that i am once again in such awe at his work. I honestly couldn't even narrow it down to one of these songs for this spot, but I feel as if both songs go hand in hand in regards to where I'm at in my so called "love life"; I love how in both of these songs there's pure, raw, and undeniable emotional appeal with every lyric he speaks---completely relate-able, well to me at least. I'm loving the album as a whole, but I've connected my own personal stories to these two songs in particular and as I sit and listen to them I can't help but feel everything that's being said in them, but in a good way.

2. "Praying" Kesha

I find something so inspiring and empowering when a song is based off of personal experiences and the artist is able to commit to every word being sang and tell that story, no matter how hard it is. And I must say, Kesha does just that with this piece right here; she's able to convey that in a matter of lyrics and gut-wrenching emotion, thus resulting in something magical. This song hits hard for me because at one point in my life I went through a very dark time and it definitely felt like I was living in my own personal "hell" like she talks about in the song. I listen to this song and it reminds me how far I've come since that period in my life, the strength I managed to relinquish from that situation, and just how proud of myself I should be, just as her lyrics clearly state.

3. "My Kind of Love" Emeli Sande

Ms. Sande, my hat is off to you for this powerhouse of a song. She sings on feeling "my kind of love" and when I translate just what that phrase means to me, "my kind of love" means hurt, pain, betrayal, disappointment, defeat---all of which I've felt at some point in my life. I can't even begin to count how many times I've cried to this song, but again, the emotional appeal that this song has to me allows for me to feel every aspect of it on a deep, spiritual level; every phrase speaks truth in regards to things I have personally felt.

4. "Heartbreaker" Justin Bieber

Have you ever come across a new song and something just awakens inside of you when you hear it? That's exactly how it was for me when I first heard this song back in 2014 on my Pandora; I just love how he's giving of this pop/r&b vibe with this song, and can't forget to mention that I think the whole "Journals" album is AH-MAZING in it's entirety. Here I am 3 years later, still gushing over this song like it's the first time I've ever heard it; it just gives me this good vibe, honestly a feeling I can't quite put into words. The hook, the chorus, the vocals, the melody, basically every single little aspect of the song---say it with me, AH-MAZING.

And of course, you already know I've saved the best for last. The fact that it's the #1 most played song in my music library speaks volumes on just how perfectly engineered I think this song is. Last but not least:

5. "Funny" (Live) Tori Kelly

The second I heard this song and I heard those few guitar chords played at the beginning, something just told me that this song was definitely going to be "something." In all honesty, this is just one of many pieces on the songstresses "Unbreakable Smile" album that I absolutely ADORE with every fiber in my entire body. Her voice is so soothing and angelic, and every lyric she sings speaks absolute truth to majority of the things I've ever felt and didn't know how to put into words---this does just that and I don't think there's any song out there I've ever related to quite like I do this one. I feel the message she's trying to get across plain and clear, and the fact that it's completely acoustic allows for the song to give off that passionate, intimate yet undeniable emotional appeal. Ugh, it's so perfect in every way and I strongly recommend everyone listen to this song at least once in their life, trust me you won't regret it! This is a beautiful song sung by an even more beautiful soul.

So there you have it, my love for music will only continue to flourish as I come across the songs that make me feel something from deep, deep within. Songs that can take me back to a precise point in my life and allow me to not only feel the emotion that the artist is trying to transcend, but also the emotion from within in me that allows me to relate the song to my own personal life experiences, struggles,etc and that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. Sometimes music speaks for us when our own words fail; let's face it we've all come across that ONE song that just seems to fit our current life situation(s) perfectly, and is oh-so relateable.

Music that speaks to me is what I seek, music that's good for the soul is what I crave.