The Tiny Things My Mom Made

The Tiny Things My Mom Made

A sibling is the only enemy you can't live without.

9
The Tiny Things My Mom Made

I don't really remember the birth of the second and third little kids my mother brought into the world but I do remember the fourth one. I am the oldest of five children born to obviously the best mom in the world and having siblings is probably the coolest and the worst thing ever, all at the same time. The children the followed me into this world started arriving when I was 14 months old.

Titus Alexander (he prefers Xander) was born in December of 1998. He is the coolest brother ever. He's super smart and he's really funny when he wants to be. Even though he's cool, he doesn't have a lot of friends, probably because he spends a lot of time in his room, surfing the internet and playing video games.

The next child, Elsie, was born on my third birthday in 2000. Lots of people think thats cool but until my 17th birthday, I didn't. I hated having all her little annoying friends around while i was trying to celebrate being three years older with my cooler, older friends. She is pretty cool. She's super popular at school, so being her pretty older sister has its benefits. She is a lot like me, even though she denies it. And to make it better, she looks like my twin.

Next, is Hannah. she was born in early January in 2003. She's the only kid that doesn't look anything like the rest of us. She gets asked a lot if she's adopted but trust me, she's not. I remember her being born. I wasn't actually there for the whole "coming out of mom" part but I got to see her through the little baby window at the hospital with Xander and Elsie. That is the earliest memory I can recall. She is the most annoying human to ever exist, but she's the best. She does every sport a seventh grader can play: soccer, softball, basketball, and even football. She's really good.

And last but not least, Wesley. He was born in February of 2006. He is the best of all of us. He's incredibly smart and he's makes friends so easily. He's short and adorable and the sweetest thing I've ever seen. It seems like a lifetime pasted before Wesley joined our little family. He's hardly annoying or rude or anything. To all of us, he's our favorite sibling. He's the best thing that happened to us in 2006.

Having two little brothers and two little sisters takes the life out of me. Watching them while mom is gone somewhere is probably the worst thing I've ever had to do. They are so annoying when they're all in the same room together. I don't know if I've ever despised four people ever. But, they are the coolest most amazing kids I've ever met. They are so fun to be around and I can't get enough of them.

If you're an only child, I'm so sorry if this is the most confusing thing you've ever read. To my fellow people with older or younger siblings, you understand. You understand how you can love and hate the same group of people within seconds.

My siblings may be annoying and horrible sometimes but I wouldn't ask for anyone else to endure family reunions and weird mom dance moves in public with. A sibling is the only enemy you can't live without.