In The Time Of The Butterflies

In The Time Of The Butterflies

Never be afraid to go after the greater, because you may miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

323
In The Time Of The Butterflies
pexels

When I think of change I automatically think of Butterflies. I know you’re probably reading this like, what? Butterflies? But if you stick with me you’ll understand. Butterflies endure four very unique stages of life. Each stage prepares them for the next one. They cant skip stages or the process just won't work. Butterflies are my favorite insects and that's probably because I relate most to them.

In life we are ever evolving, ever-changing. Though it is hard, change is necessary for our growth. Just imagine if the butterfly decided to stay a caterpillar it would have never received its wings which hold so much beauty. Too much of anything is a bad thing but by changing or evolving you get the opportunity to grow beautifully.

In changing you sometimes outgrow things and that's okay, just like how the butterfly outgrows the cocoon. The butterfly realizes that its time there is through and they decide to come out never knowing that in making that decision they’ll gain so much beauty and freedom within their wings. This year everyone has called the year of the butterfly.

When I heard that I got such great joy! See, I love butterflies. Their constant changes remind me of the many changes we go through in life. The butterfly though never knows how beautiful it will be until it becomes beautiful; they simply know that better is coming.

That sentiment right there relates so much to the everyday mindset of people in this generation and time. We know that better is coming and are hoping that better is coming but we don’t know just how much better things will be.

If we begin to trust in the process like butterflies I believe we would be better off. A butterfly never rushes their journey from caterpillar, to cocoon, to beauty … they endure the process.

They await their turn to greatness and when they have gotten their wings they maximize that time. You even have some people who are afraid to break out of their cocoon stage in life and embrace their wings. Never be afraid to go after the greater because you may miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

In this day and age, we pride ourselves on maintaining the struggle when we should always be working toward painting a lifestyle, one where we enjoy the greater things in life and are able to have experiences that blow our minds.

Sometimes fear hinders us from “leaving the nest" if you will because we are afraid that we might fail but why not try. Imagine if a butterfly never left the cocoon because they were afraid they might fall? We’d never experience their beauty. BE like a Butterfly, FLY AWAY, share your beauty with the world, but most importantly trust your process.