The Thank-You My Mom Never Received, Until Now
popular

I love you so much, Mom.

674
Ashley Brooke Boyd

With Mother's Day coming up in a few short weeks, I have been thinking a lot about my mom and what she means to me. I can never thank her enough for all that she has done for me, and often I forget to remind her how awesome she is.

Whenever I am sick, sad, stressed, or smiling, there is always someone cheering me on. This person is my mom. She inspires me to do better and to be kinder, no matter how busy my life may seem. She is like a circus balancing act; she balances her work life with my family’s life and somehow manages to do it all. The soccer games, the dance competitions, the theatre productions — she is there for all of it. My mom is a supermom (like a superhero, but better).

My mom always inspires me to push myself to be the best me I can be. Even when I was little, she encouraged me to set big goals. Because of her constant encouragement, I am on the right path to achieve my lofty goal of living in New York City as a shop window designer for a fashion company. Even though my dream is unique and a little abstract, she has supported me and helped me find ways to reach this goal.

My mother is kind to everyone she meets. She has what you call “southern charm.” Even when someone is rude to her, she somehow finds it in her to be kind anyway. Her cheerful heart shines through her and radiates to everyone around her. When I’m with my mom, I am happy most of the time (except when she’s mad I haven’t cleaned my room). Her kindness inspires me also to be kind to everyone I meet.

Everyone could learn a lesson or two from my mom. She’s not the best cook, but she is the best at healing broken hearts. She can’t sing, but she does give amazing hugs. Our home is full of love and laughter. She knows the worth of things in life. She makes time for the important things, even if it means she has to give something else up. My mother has encouraged me, cared for me, inspired me, and loved me. I wish everyone had a mom like my mom.

Thank you, Mom. I love you.