11 Struggles Of Going To School In The Middle Of Nowhere

Welcome to Bumblef*** USA

537
Huffington Post

When you are little, you tend to picture college as this awesome place in the middle of nowhere, where older kids go to get smarter and party 24-7. Well, when it's time to pick a school, one major factor is the location. Do you want it to be in a city? The suburbs? Bumblefuck USA? Yeah, well if you chose the third option, congrats, me too. Why wouldn't you want to be far from civilization? These schools tend to have the perfect little towns and local shops that flow into the campus and make the entire town feel like it revolves around the school. Masked by this cute little perfect college dream world, you don't see the flaws of going to school in the middle of nowhere, until you get there... So here are a few of the struggles that we, the bumblefuck college students, experience daily:

1. The nearest major airport is around 2 hours away, so traveling is always a big production.

2. Nobody wants to visit you because it's "too inconvenient" for them to get to you, so you end up visiting them.

3. There are no major cities around to help explain where you are.

4. The food just doesn’t taste the same as it does in the town/city where you are from (aka real civilization).

5. The school is basically the whole town and there isn’t much to do outside of campus.

6. When school is out, the town looks like it comes straight out of Little House on The Prairie.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #454545}

7. Most places are local businesses aside from big chains like Walmart and McDonald's.

8. Shipping dates are always wrong, sometimes even the 2-day shipping is late.

9. Going home on break feels like you’re returning from a foreign country.

10. You can’t go anywhere off campus without seeing someone you know.

11. The cell service and wifi suck.

But hey, you still gotta love it. Right?