The Struggle Of A Broke College Student

The Struggle Of A Broke College Student

I can afford this extra bottle of wine, right?

15
The Struggle Of A Broke College Student

We all know the stomach-dropping feeling of waking up on a Friday morning and checking your wallet to see if you were blessed enough to have not spent any money at all the night before. Unfortunately, it is the rare occasion where that dream actually is reality. In most cases we wake up check our account and first want to vomit then we have to think about ways to convince our parents we NEED more money (sorry mom and dad, I’m talking about other broke college students. Not me of course. I always legitimately need that extra 20 bucks.)

We all go out night after night saying "I won't spend any money, I'll be responsible" but as soon as we set foot in the bar that thought is magically erased from our heads. To all the parents out there, believe me, we really do have good intentions of not spending money! We aren't lying when we say we don't know where all our money went! Of course, there are times we buy things Aka alcohol or spend money on food that we know we shouldn’t but we do anyway because come on we are college students after all.

This is the only Time we can spend 15 dollars on a bottle of tequila and have it be socially expectable! After that, we will be considered cheap! Of course saving your money is key and we all really need to know how to do that to succeed in life and we will. One day (sooner than we even realize) we will no longer be college students and are bank accounts will hopefully climb back up to where all are parents wish it was. We will be responsible adults and no longer spend 30 dollars on a bottle of vodka every Thursday. We understand that our actions are not always in the best interest of our bank accounts and believe me mom and dads of the world we all feel the same pain you do when you look at our bank accounts and see $100 less than 4 days ago.

But to all the broke college students out there. Don't be too hard on yourself we are all in the same boat ,we spend too much money on stupid things, we drink a little too much and end up buying 4 rounds of shots, we go out on that Wednesday night even after looking at our bank account and seeing $20.00(on a good day). We all know that one day this will end and we will have to be much more responsible with our money. So I'm not saying go out and throw your money around and waste it. But I am saying remember you’re a college student, you worked hard at your summer job to have the money you do. Don't be afraid to have a little fun and of course regret it in the morning. Go out and work hard for your money so you can have fun with your friends, do everything you’ve always wanted but also make your parents happy because you’re not spending their money!