The 10 Stages Of Your Friend Going To The Disney College Program

Wishing you were part of that world

163
4alltravelers

The Disney College Program is a great opportunity, and when one of your good friends gets accepted, it's overwhelming. After one of my best friends left for Disney, I was both excited and depressed, because although I couldn't wait for her to experience the program, I didn't want her to leave my side.

1. When they first get accepted, you are so happy for them.

It's crazy to believe that one of your best friends will live in Disney World. To think that they get to wake up every day and be surrounded by magic, fun, and excitement. You know that they will have the time of their lives, and you can't wait to see pictures of their adventures.

2. Once they start their Disney countdown, you realize you aren't ready to see them go.

How long is this program again? They don't have to stay for the whole thing, right? Maybe they can just go for a couple of weeks and come back. Better yet, maybe you can just go with them.

3. On the day they leave, you don't know how to feel.

You might cry, or you might not even think about it because it's too hard to accept. Either way, you are happy for them, you just don't know what to do without them.

4. Once they arrive, they post pictures of their new living quarters.

I mean, it's not that great..they just look so adorable in their new dorm, with their new roommates, and new friends.

5. Soon enough, they start sending you Snapchats of them in the parks.

Sure, it doesn't look that fun. You have so many great places to go at home, anyway. But when your friend starts sending you pictures and videos, you can't help but to feel extremely jealous.

6. When you think it's almost time for them to come home, you realize it's only been three weeks:

How long do these college programs need to be anyway? Only a few weeks seems like a lifetime, and now your friend is talking about doing the extension program.

7. Eventually, you might reunite when you visit for break.

It was like they never really left, and you talk constantly about how much your lives had changed. You never stop talking, even while you are riding The Tower of Terror. You never know when you will see them next, so why not spend every second together?

8. After you visit, you don't want to go back home.

No one will notice if you stow away in their dorm, will they? Even though they only have one month left in the program, you can't stand to leave them again.

9. Finally, it is the last day before they arrive back home.

You can't contain your excitement. You know that they will probably want to come home and rest for a couple of days, but you will probably bombard them the second they walk through the door.

10. You are reunited, and you couldn't be happier.

Finally, you can see them whenever you want to! You are so excited to be able to make plans and catch up on all of the great things that have been happening in both of your lives. Although you are excited that they had a great time in Disney, it's great to have them back.